SRK Options Video
    Go To Post #1
From Arcimoto's facebook page...
"Can the SRK haul my surfboard down to the beach or some 2x4s home from [nationally recognized or local home improvement store of your choice]?
 We'll let Mechanical Engineer Diana Standish answer that question."

Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
    Go To Post #1
She´s got a lovely smile!
    Go To Post #1
(11-05-2016, 03:32 AM)DiscjockeyDale Wrote: From Arcimoto's facebook page...
"Can the SRK haul my surfboard down to the beach or some 2x4s home from [nationally recognized or local home improvement store of your choice]?
 We'll let Mechanical Engineer Diana Standish answer that question."

These are great options.  Have you come up with anything to hold my golf bag yet?  Keep up the good work.
    Go To Post #1
Take notice! The enclosed cargo box, which has previously only been seen in computer renderings, now exists as a real-world object! WooHoo! Big Grin
    Go To Post #1
The open carrier with netting and the surf board or lumber racks are a sign that The A Team is listening to customers likes.  Cool they can design, engineer, and build these options in house.  A talented group.   I expect the side panel enclosures to be WooHooToo!

Go To Post #1
I don´t agree with you (again) Rick! She´s been very ingenious in developing add-ons like the netting and the hooks. But designing full length doors, with their hinges and locks etc. is another matter, especially if (!) they are an afterthought on a vehicle that was meant to remain open from the outset and on which no provision has been made for the enclosure attachments. And this seems to be the case.
    Go To Post #1
Paravil,  I've been following the SRK since 2007 and have witnessed 8 SRK iterations, one or two of those actually enclosed and all others indicated to have enclosure options........it's not an afterthought.
If Mark Frohnmyer says they are working on engineering hinges for the enclosure panels I have no reason to doubt his statements.......based on progress and the fact that they have in house engineering, fabrication, and build capabilities.  Stay tuned. Smile

There was no need to fabricate panels on the SRK concept frame that was not design finalized.  Particularly since they are optional and don't impact the production schedule of the base model. Time and funding spent on tweaking the drive train seems more important in getting the SRK to production. The SRK ETC is apparently the finalized production model..........and my logic says that now seems like the appropriate time to design and fabricate the enclosure options.  I feel they will exceed our design expectations.  I could be wrong.

Video of the Arcimoto Pulse launch 2009 fully enclosed:  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DSFR556C_T...PmjqvkwtnA

Diana Standish is one valuable member of an engineering and design team.  She has engineered some rather interesting SRK options to make the SRK as functional as possible.

Go To Post #1
Many thanks for that, Rick! I´d not seen it previously. It is much more what I´ve been looking for, and I wonder why they don´t show it more prominently.
    Go To Post #1
Patrick, I only posted the 'old' Gen 3 video to verify the point that the enclosure has always been part of Arcimoto's SRK development process and not simply an after thought. It has evolved to options which is possibly better, in terms of providing for convertible-like flexibility......sides off nice weather days......on nasty weather days.

Go To Post #1
Now that the SRK frame is locked down and will not change on the production model, it is relatively easy to add whatever mounting tabs, threaded holes, clamps, etc. are needed to the frame jigs & fixtures to make the side panels relatively easy for the end user to install & remove. I'm assuming that, once mounted, the rear cargo box (always considered part of the enclosure system) will remain permanently mounted.