Facebook Forum Stress
    Go To Post #1
(11-23-2018, 07:34 PM)Rickb Wrote: Things are heating up at the AMP!

[Image: 1-A01-AB80-0468-4-D56-AE55-6-C40-E6-AA5971.jpg]

It looks like they are working on three all black FUVs.
    Go To Post #1
It seems they have been doing a series of monochrome black and then adding color accent and logo detailing as in the photo:
[Image: D67768-DE-FC73-4-FB5-8515-CA58-F8957602.jpg]

Go To Post #1
(11-26-2018, 11:54 PM)Rickb Wrote: It seems they have been doing a series of monochrome black and then adding color accent and logo detailing as in the photo:
[Image: D67768-DE-FC73-4-FB5-8515-CA58-F8957602.jpg]

When I spoke to them in Kansas City, they indicated that the signature series were all special paint and detailing.  I don't remember their exact words but it was something like the production vehicles would be more basic paint with decals for accents.  This makes sense that they would need to limit the number of paint options for production.
    Go To Post #1
When I spoke to them in Boulder this fall I was told that the production body would be black plastic (ABS I think) with decals for color and accents. Also that the decals could be almost anything the customer wants shape, colors, graphics. etc. I don't know if there will be a clear coat on top but I hope so.
    Go To Post #1
So, this thread seems to have moved away from 'facebook' issue(s).

(Although it does seem to have become infected by facebook-itis : making all posts on one thread, no matter what the topic ...
    Go To Post #1
It’s turned into a facebook FUV Forum escape/stress reliever thread initiated by A assemblies spotted in the AMP Happy Holiday photo........less the uninformed $FUV speculation.   Although, perhaps there is some speculation noted regarding color options.  If I want to make a general stress reliever comment, where do you prefer I post it?

Go To Post #1
I will be a little disappointed if the color options are going to be limited to vinyl stickers on top of black paint. I like the solid colored body panels a lot better.
    Go To Post #1
I don't even know if its black paint. From pictures I have seen it looks more like just black ABS with decals. I'm not crazy about it either, its probably a cost issue, but we will have to see how it actually looks. Wouldn't it be nice if there was a 'custom paint' option?
    Go To Post #1
No paint booths in the AMP.  The first time I’ve noticed the 6 base color choices on the pre-order page.  Also, Color is included on the options page so it seems color is customizable.

[Image: 4-EFED2-F5-F62-F-4-DC2-A35-A-7-DA18834-BD17.jpg]

[Image: 3-C65-C32-B-2-D0-C-4-A07-914-D-EC5-D74-A6467-F.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes Rickb's post
    Go To Post #1
Nice catch Rick. My wife preordered yesterday and didn't spot it. I wonder if that's final intent or just a placeholder.