Good news, Oregon purchasers! DEQ trying to include in incentive!
    Go To Post #1
I recently emailed the contact at the DEQ for the Oregon Clean Vehicle Program, and she pointed me to an update the DEQ is trying to get done that would include 3-wheel EVs!  The way the law is written, only 4-wheel cars and 2-wheel motorcycles qualify. 

But - a proposed rule change is open for comments right now to include 3-wheelers in the same category as 4-wheelers (so if it has at least a 10 kWh battery pack, it would get the full $2500 rebate!)

https://www.oregon.gov/deq/Regulations/r...e2019.aspx 

Quote:DEQ is proposing to amend the zero-emission vehicle rebate program by changing the definitions in OAR 340-270-0030 for rebate-eligible light duty zero emission vehicles and plug in hybrid electric vehicles to include vehicles with at least three wheels. Currently light duty zero emission vehicles and plug in hybrid electric vehicles are defined as vehicles with at least four wheels. The proposed change would broaden the range of eligible vehicles to include those with three wheels.

I encourage anyone in Oregon to submit a comment in support, as well: https://www.oregon.gov/deq/Regulations/r...e2019.aspx (There are currently 5 comments - 4 in favor, and one opposed. Plus two "test comments".)
    Go To Post #1
Done. Thanks for the info!
    Go To Post #1
Got the email today - the rule change was approved. The Arcimoto FUV will qualify in Oregon for $2500 "Clean Vehicle Rebate", and a further $2500 "Charge Ahead Rebate" for lower-income people. (Which, by my last calculation, I just qualify for, so I should get $5k off my FUV.)
[+] 2 users Like CharonPDX's post
    Go To Post #1
WOW that's Awesome!!!
    Go To Post #1
If only Kansas was so forward thinking. Sad
[+] 1 user Likes jimball's post
    Go To Post #1
The Wyoming Legislature is considering a bill to greatly increase license fees for EVs. And another one to increase wind power tax to levels that would discourage further development.
And another one to put huge criminal penalties on any individual or organization using civil disobedience to protest fossil fuel company actions. It is hard to live here and not be totally discouraged.
    Go To Post #1
Even more incentive to move to Eugene! Smile   However, one would have to put pencil to paper to calculate the overall annual income to cost of living.  It was a great place to visit!  

Common cents note regarding EV tax/licensing fees:   There needs to be a comparable ‘fair share EV gas tax’ to help supplement the cost of building and repairing the roads and infrastructure that all vehicles use for fun and utility purposes.

(01-30-2019, 03:15 PM)DanCooper Wrote: The Wyoming Legislature is considering a bill to greatly increase license fees for EVs. And another one to increase wind power tax to levels that would discourage further development.
And another one to put huge criminal penalties on any individual or organization using civil disobedience to protest fossil fuel company actions. It is hard to live here and not be totally discouraged.
Hopefully, the Wyoming Bill’s you mention stay in the consideration phase of bringing a bill to a vote process.