Wired Article
    Go To Post #1
I was bummed at the 185 but do understand there will be a ramp up. "gearing up to build and sell hundreds, if not thousands, of them in 2019." wasn't enough to make me feel better. I'm sure AM has a production schedule laid out. I wish they would share it or at least enough info so that, based on our reservation number we could figure out some estimates within a couple of months.
[+] 1 user Likes ricschug's post
    Go To Post #1
(12-23-2018, 10:12 PM)CharonPDX Wrote: Check my emphasis. I read it as that they were going to be cautious ramping up in the first half of the year, then go full-bore the second half of the year and deliver all reservations in the second half.
That would work for me.  Smile  I’m hoping Arcimoto reconfirms that by years end.

Go To Post #1
I'm holding reservation #2356. It will be interesting to see how many of those in front of me actually go ahead and place an order. I'd certainly like to get my FUV sooner than September, or later.
    Go To Post #1
Arcimoto may have to follow the Canadian Electra Meccanica’s SOLO manufacturing path and partner with Chinese motorcycle manufacturer Zongshen to achieve those numbers and to compete in the future worldwide market.  Keep in mind that I’m a big fan of manufacturing the FUV in Eugene, OR USA.  However, I can see all kinds of snags setting up the new AMP and tooling for production scale.  Tweaking the equipment, the assembly line process, and parts inventory may be more complex than the R&D of the vehicle itself.

[+] 1 user Likes Rickb's post
    Go To Post #1
I hope AM is monitoring this forum. AM has always had a strong support base and this group reflects that. But it is obvious that this lack of information is shaking that base to its core. If AM doesn't address this and provide some substantial information soon I fear it will shatter this base and really hurt AM in the long run.
    Go To Post #1
The closer it gets to production start, the longer it seems between updates even after the very recent 4th quarter update.  We are simply becoming less patient.  I was hoping for the fast roll out of the first A Series FUV.  However, the A Series FUV is the production model and likely takes some time to tweak with any new part fabrication (center head light), possible engineering improvements, and efforts to maximize the efficient production scale efforts.  We should remain positive and calm thru Q1 2019 and hope retail production is on or close to being on schedule.  Arcimoto Eric, is a member and has posted on this forum in the past.

Hopefully, Arcimoto will be christening the first retail FUV and we will be toasting the AMP with an amp very soon!

[Image: 3-E62-C830-2008-4868-93-C2-B95-AFC10-AAE8.jpg]

Go To Post #1
Sure would be nice to see a roll out schedule, I guess I've said that before.
    Go To Post #1
I understand the impatience with the roll out.  I decided to move ahead with more practical transportation while retaining my place in line.  When the time comes, I may sell another vehicle to help with the purchase of the FUV.  I don't fault Arcimoto for the long production delays.  As Rickb rightly described, complex manufacturing, tooling, supply chains and facility requirements are quite involved.  I have confidence they'll reach their goals.

In the meantime, I kind of like my alternate transportation... a 2016 Smart Fortwo!  Yeah, it's not electric, but the little turbo three-banger is a blast to drive and the gas mileage is quite good.

[Image: IMG-1741.jpg]

[Image: IMG-1949.jpg]

[Image: IMG-2007.jpg]
    Go To Post #1
Sweet! My neighbor drives a Smart and loves it. Definitely looks like a Smart for 2 in the photo.

[+] 1 user Likes Rickb's post