The very first customer's SRK Being Assembled!
    Go To Post #1
IT BEGINS!

The very first gearbox for the very first SRK being sold to a customer.

The lucky bastard.

https://www.facebook.com/Arcimoto/videos...120905074/
    Go To Post #1
That's the kind of news I like to see on their Facebook page........along with meeting the A team players.

Go To Post #1
Rick, the gearbox featured very early on the SRK site. It is certaily NOT a new feature. And, BTW, I thought that the Arcimoto had two wheel hub electric motors. So, why does it even need a gearbox? I was also under the impression that one of the advantages of an electric motor is that it doesn´t need gears.
    Go To Post #1
The gearbox for an early prototype was shown off, yes. That's not the point. The point is this is the first one being built for a customer.

As for why they need it, that's a good question. I'm no engineer or I'm sure I'd have the answer. I have no doubt there is a good reason.
    Go To Post #1
I'm not mechanically inclined, but isn't an EV with out a gear box like an ICE without a transmission?  Otherwise the twin front wheel motors aren't synchronized and/or have nothing to drive.  

Also, I recall Arcimoto mentioning some major Gen 8 changes made to the ETC build and the gearbox may be one of those major improvements. The key advantage is fewer gears.........one or two.  Fewer parts, greater efficiency, less maintenance.  Somebody more qualified hopefully comments.