How many miles a week?
    Go To Post #1
How many miles a week do you expect to drive your FUV?  I'll probably be on the low end of things.  I already get a discount from my insurance carrier for low mileage driving - less than 100 miles per week.  I own a 2002 Ford Explorer with only 130000 miles on the odometer.  A tank of gas lasts me a month, and it has a thirsty V8 engine.  I've had my Honda trike for 8 years and am averaging only 1000 miles per year on it.
    Go To Post #1
I run a mobile business so I track my mileage. I typically travel 50-80 miles per day so I'll be getting the extended battery pack. It should be perfect for me, except for the maybe once every other week when I go well over 100 miles or need to carry a ladder.
    Go To Post #1
I'm looking at about 60-80 miles per week.
    Go To Post #1
I should be able to put 225-250 miles per week on mine, my trip to work is 47 miles round trip.
    Go To Post #1
My commute is 75 miles, or 90 on the highway. I expect 500 miles a week.
    Go To Post #1
(01-13-2019, 05:58 AM)AnimalCage Wrote: My commute is 75 miles, or 90 on the highway.  I expect 500 miles a week.

You may have already posted that you plan to, but you should really buy the extra range version for winter usage (if you live in MA, as it appears). Cold batteries (under 45F) will really lower your range, up to 25-40% - depending on how cold it gets and how much you use the heater (*including the defroster* !!)

Now, if you are guaranteed access to a 120V socket mid-commute (i.e., at work) during winter, then you shouldn't have to worry at all. You should be able to add 3-6 miles per hour of plugged-in-time at 120V, and even more importantly (1) charging the battery will keep it warmer, thus offsetting the "cold batteries have less range" issue, and (2) if there is a "heat the battery pre-drive" feature (also called "pre-conditioning" or "battery warming"), then you will be heating the battery off of power drawn from the wall, not the battery.

(Actually, has Arcimoto indicated if the FUV will have battery warming or not??? If not, it is going to be a *big* disappointment to those in northern climes when they lose 60% of their range in winter. (The 25-40% loss that I mentioned before is what cars *with* battery warming see; without battery heaters .. oh crap!)
    Go To Post #1
If Arcimoto doesn'tput in a battery warmer and cabin preheater (while charging only) I will add them. But they should do it.
    Go To Post #1
I plan on a minimum of 2-5 utility miles per day on morning coffee runs! Only time will tell how many added weekly fun miles. The Arcimoto would have been perfect for my daily 32 mile round trip when I was working and still perfect in retirement.

[+] 1 user Likes Rickb's post
    Go To Post #1
I will be getting the extended battery regardless, but I really don't plan on using the FUV much in the winter. I can't really understand all the people who demand the FUV do everything in all situations. That was never the intent. I have a Subaru Legacy and a Jeep Liberty for my winter needs, be it cold weather or snow/ice. If the FUV eventually proves to be capable, or at least usable in moderate winter driving, so be it, but I don't need it to be. I'm treating it like a motorcycle until I personally determine otherwise.
[+] 3 users Like AnimalCage's post
    Go To Post #1
(01-14-2019, 01:57 AM)AnimalCage Wrote: I will be getting the extended battery regardless, but I really don't plan on using the FUV much in the winter.  I can't really understand all the people who demand the FUV do everything in all situations.  That was never the intent.  I have a Subaru Legacy and a Jeep Liberty for my winter needs, be it cold weather or snow/ice.  If the FUV eventually proves to be capable, or at least usable in moderate winter driving, so be it, but I don't need it to be.  I'm treating it like a motorcycle until I personally determine otherwise.

I live in the Southeastern corner of Kansas and winters are reasonably mild.  Soft side doors like on the old Jeep CJ-5's would go a long way toward making the FUV a year-round vehicle for me.