90 Mile Ramge? (Correction: 100!)
    Go To Post #1
Jonathan of Arcimoto chimed in on Facebook:

Quote:Hey guys, based on our latest testing and usage of our current 17.5 kWH power pack configuration, we’re updating our target range for our first retail FUVs to 100 miles per charge. We've updated Arcimoto.com to reflect the current changes.

It’s important to note these aren’t final numbers as we continue to shed vehicle weight -- we dropped roughly 100 pounds between Beta 2 and Beta 3 models. We’ll report updated numbers as we complete vehicle testing.

Because of low-volume supply chain and pricing considerations, we’ve opted to launch with a single-configuration FUV. With 100-miles of range, we’re continuing to offer a pure electric vehicle that fulfills the vast majority of your daily driving needs, while at the same time being an absolute joy to drive. Remember: the average American drives about 30 miles a day.

As we grow and scale operations, we plan to offer both shorter and longer range battery options.

Stay tuned for updated numbers on range, MPGe, and gasoline savings as we march toward retail production in the coming weeks. We’ll have a lot more to share when we officially unveil the first retail FUVs, codenamed “The EverGreen Edition.”

Cheers,
Jon
[+] 1 user Likes Kepesk's post
    Go To Post #1
I'm out. This is a deal breaker. I need a guaranteed 76 miles a day. 90 is too close for comfort. Come spring, I'll initiate plan B: a Honda NC750X. I hope Arcimoto does well, and someday offers a battery that does at least 112 miles (150% of my commute). AC out.
[+] 1 user Likes AnimalCage's post
    Go To Post #1
(01-17-2019, 02:23 AM)Kepesk Wrote: Jonathan of Arcimoto chimed in on Facebook:

I hope I get a shot at one of those EverGreen models!
    Go To Post #1
(01-17-2019, 05:07 AM)AnimalCage Wrote: I'm out.  This is a deal breaker.  I need a guaranteed 76 miles a day.  90 is too close for comfort.  Come spring, I'll initiate plan B:  a Honda NC750X.  I hope Arcimoto does well, and someday offers a battery that does at least 112 miles (150% of my commute).  AC out.
Hang in until the numbers are finalized. Smile  It sounds like the base model range is bumped to 100 miles and may increase after shedding some vehicle weight on the final production models..........with shorter/longer range options in the future.

Go To Post #1
(01-17-2019, 05:07 AM)AnimalCage Wrote: I'm out.  This is a deal breaker.  I need a guaranteed 76 miles a day.  90 is too close for comfort.  Come spring, I'll initiate plan B:  a Honda NC750X.  I hope Arcimoto does well, and someday offers a battery that does at least 112 miles (150% of my commute).  AC out.

Well, (as already pointed out) nothing is finalized yet. Unless your res # is very, very early, you should hear LOTS and LOTS about the range of the production model when people first get their hands on them.

Also, the FB post from "Jonathan of Arcimoto" mentioned that the early vehicles will all be the same battery capacity but "we plan to offer both shorter and longer range battery options" later.

Of course, if you can't wait, you can't wait.
[+] 1 user Likes SparkE's post
    Go To Post #1
I guess AM monitors FB more than this forum. It was nice to see some real info even though it was not good news. The real question is when is 'later'. Myself I will delay my order until 'later' arrives unless it moves into 2020 in which case I will probably join AnimalCage.
    Go To Post #1
What speed is this range for? The range will be more at lower speeds and much less at higher speeds. For me it doesn't make much difference. A 100 mile range will only put one town out of range, and I hardly ever go there anyway.
    Go To Post #1
Oh they keep track of the forum. They just seem more likely to post on Facebook. I've been trying to update the forum with the important details that are revealed there for those who do not use or prefer Facebook.

Speaking of, a point of clarification was posted there. The 100 mile battery is an "option up", not the base model. The base model will be available later as production ramps (along with a greater capacity option, as previously mentioned by Johnathan).
[+] 1 user Likes Kepesk's post
    Go To Post #1
(01-17-2019, 02:57 PM)Kepesk Wrote: Oh they keep track of the forum.  They just seem more likely to post on Facebook.  I've been trying to update the forum with the important details that are revealed there for those who do not use or prefer Facebook.

Speaking of, a point of clarification was posted there.  The 100 mile battery is an "option up", not the base model.  The base model will be available later as production ramps (along with a greater capacity option, as previously mentioned by Johnathan).

Thanks for posting the FB stuff here and its good to know that AM monitors this forum as well as FB. Now your clarification has me more confused as to what is the range and when. I think range is very important to most folks buying an electric vehicle as charging mid day/mid trip will be very difficult and time consuming. I hope AM will put out some clear info on range and battery options in the next few months.
    Go To Post #1
(01-17-2019, 02:57 PM)Kepesk Wrote: Oh they keep track of the forum.  They just seem more likely to post on Facebook.  I've been trying to update the forum with the important details that are revealed there for those who do not use or prefer Facebook.

Speaking of, a point of clarification was posted there.  The 100 mile battery is an "option up", not the base model.  The base model will be available later as production ramps (along with a greater capacity option, as previously mentioned by Johnathan).
Their website’s former base model performance specs 70/130 mile range was recently changed to 100, along with shorter and longer indicated under the options list.  
[Image: A17-F46-BA-8059-4619-B8-EA-8-BD284-A9-E694.jpg]