Geico Insurance
    Go To Post #1
(02-15-2019, 02:08 AM)DanPDX Wrote: I had my State Farm agent look into this to me, and they are quoting it like a motorcycle/Polaris, whatever that means...

That would be  the high performance 3-wheeler  Polaris Slingshot.
https://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc...t-s-review

You might call them back and say: "Oh, no, it's closer to the Bombardier Can-Am 3-wheeler (that sells for less) https://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc...nAm-models

The difference to the insurance companies may be that the Polaris has side-by-side seats and you straddle the Can-Am in tandem like a motorcycle or the Arcimoto.
    Go To Post #1
So I called Geico and spoke with an agent. She ahd to call their underwriting unit as it's a unique vehicle, and I didn't have a CC I could provide her(there is none). We also reviewed the vehicle from Arcimoto's website, etc. She called me back just now and said unfortunately it is not a vehicle they would be willing/able to insure....
    Go To Post #1
I have Goldie insured through American Family Insurance. The cost is $159.70 / year (12 months)
    Go To Post #1
The FUV is Federally classified and State registered/licensed as a motorcycle. I’m confused as to why any insurance company doesn’t understand that vehicle classification, look at the FUV specs, realize that it’s likely the safest motorcycle on the planet, and refuse to insure it. Totally irrational.

Go To Post #1
That’s funny as Geico is known for insuring cars, boats, etc. I’m sure if there are enough out in the wild with a bit of a track record they will include it.
    Go To Post #1
MY Farmers agent said that they would insure the FUV through their Foremost group. Probably since they also insure the Polaris Slingshots
    Go To Post #1
My insurance agent (for Dairyland) said there is no problem to insure it as a motorcycle.
    Go To Post #1
(02-15-2019, 02:08 AM)DanPDX Wrote: I had my State Farm agent look into this to me, and they are quoting it like a motorcycle/Polaris, whatever that means...
With no medical coverage it’s like $55 a month with $100 COMP, $500 collision.
With $15k medical for each passenger it’s $90ish a month

Not happy at all with either of those.
I did geico back in the day for my $2500 motorcycle for $100 a year, probably have to go that route again

DanPDX, 

We would be happy to give you a quote if you would like to check out another option for coverage. We are based out of Eugene so fairly close to you. Let me know if you are interested. Don't want to be pushy. Just letting you know you have another option.
[+] 1 user Likes Agoff Insurance Solutions's post