FUV EverGreen Series Reveal
    Go To Post #1
I'm in the same boat as SparkE.  We went ahead and purchased a used EV last year, so splurging for an Evergreen isn't in the cards at the moment. However, this a very close to how I'd configure my FUV.  Eventually I'd like to have full AND quarter doors if they're available at the time. Probably go a different color too.
[+] 1 user Likes Tightapex's post
    Go To Post #1
Count me that group as well, picked up a 2013 Leaf this weekend. However I will still keep my eye on a FUV if they can get the cost down to in the 12k range.
[+] 1 user Likes Trik's post
    Go To Post #1
Still driving my low mileage 2005 SUV and waiting on my 2019 FUV.

Go To Post #1
... picked up a 2013 Leaf this weekend ... (quoting broken for some reason?)

Yeah, I *almost* bought a LEAF two months ago. I had found a 2011 LEAF with only 11,000 miles on it ... for $5800 !! All 12 bars of capacity still lit! My wife vetoed it because "she didn't like the color". Grrr. At that price, it would have served as our "grocery car" (around town car) for the next 10 years, and for under $6000! Virtually no maintenance! (Actually, they were the original tires, and would have needed to be replaced - one was starting to get microscopic (well, very small) cracks in the sidewalls).
    Go To Post #1
Gotta be honest here; we *almost* decided to pick up a used Leaf and wait a couple more years to get an FUV. The main two things that swayed our decision was wanting to support Arcimoto and the fact that we're getting a healthy tax refund to offset that giant deposit.
    Go To Post #1
Jacob, when you placed your Evergreen order/deposit, did Arcimoto confirm a # and delivery date?

Go To Post #1
No, but they won't be able to till everyone ahead of me decides whether to order or wait for a less expensive model. When I emailed to ask a few questions, they told me I had two weeks to decide (so there's a little over a week left).
[+] 1 user Likes Kepesk's post
    Go To Post #1
Thanks!  It’s logical to give the earliest reservationists a window of time to make the decision to option out their FUVs.  That also explains why there will be no FUV #297 initial roll out Evergreen. Smile

Go To Post #1
I revised my FUV range simulation spreadsheet to use the latest specifications. I took my best guesses for rolling resistance, frontal area, aerodynamic drag coefficient, and usable battery capacity and adjusted them so the range would be 100 miles on the EPA urban test profile. All of the numbers seem reasonable to reach that target. Here are my estimated ranges for steady speeds on the level. (What retired engineers do to keep their skills up.)

150 miles at 30 mph
100 miles at 40 mph
70 miles at 50 mph
52 miles at 60 mph
39 miles at 70 mph
    Go To Post #1
Quote: No, but they won't be able to till everyone ahead of me decides whether to order or wait for a less expensive model.

* CharonPDX whistles innocently...

I'll know by next week if I'm going to take the plunge or not!

Dan, your chart looks good. If I stick to back roads, I should be able to drive home from the factory with range to spare. (If I take the freeway, no way in hell.)