FUV EverGreen Series Reveal
    Go To Post #1
WOW! That's a heck of a rage difference between speeds. It remains to be seen how accurate this is, but a point in your favor: I was told that the Beta I rented could go 70 miles at 55. I think it has a similar battery capacity to the Evergreens, which means it comes close to lining up with your model.
    Go To Post #1
CharonPDX, What’s the odds on taking the plunge? Smile

Go To Post #1
I'd say 50/50. We're waiting to find out about a real estate sale timing, taxes owed, etc. (It won't be a lot of money, so depending on how high the taxes are on it, will decide if we splurge on the Evergreen or wait for the cheaper one.)

Edit: Also, it just dawned on me that we have to clarify a few things as well. We don't have a garage to park it in, so I'm emailing Arcimoto to ask if it's built to withstand Pacific Northwest rain parked outdoors.
[+] 1 user Likes CharonPDX's post
    Go To Post #1
My guess is the Evergreen would be a big $ decision for most reservationists. If you decide to splurge, I would recommend having a custom fit vehicle cover made for maximum weather protection.

[+] 1 user Likes Rickb's post
    Go To Post #1
It’s logical to give the earliest reservationists a window of time to make the decision to option out their FUVs.

If one passes on "Evergreen", one still stays "in the line" for further (non-Evergreen) production, right? Otherwise, that would be a *massive* f**k-up on somebody's part.

I would recommend having a custom fit vehicle cover made for maximum weather protection.

I would recommend simply getting a sturdy "party/camping canopy", and tying it down securely.

Something like this :

https://www.amazon.com/ABCCANOPY-Commerc...ref=sr_1_3

Or this :

[Image: shelterlogic-portable-garages-car-canopi...4_1000.jpg]
    Go To Post #1
The spot in line is saved. I like the canopy idea, but could be an issue in my neck of the woods with wind and snow loads, but whatever works.

[Image: 50-D7-C926-4470-4-B49-B9-A9-B9-BA6299-CFAA.jpg]

Go To Post #1
SparkE Wrote:If one passes on "Evergreen", one still stays "in the line" for further (non-Evergreen) production, right? Otherwise, that would be a *massive* f**k-up on somebody's part.

Per an email from Arcimoto, yes, you keep your place in line. If I don't go for an Evergreen, I'll get my place in line when the "next batch of vehicles is ready to reserve." (So if 10 of the people in front of me buy an Evergreen, I'll be 10th in line for the next batch. (Not counting out-of-Pacific-Northwest positions in line, I could be even lower.)) . Also says "We would expect the second batch to be delivered in Q3 2019, between July and the end of September." (Unclear if that is a second batch of Evergreen, or the first run of post-Evergreen.)

SparkE Wrote:I would recommend simply getting a sturdy "party/camping canopy", and tying it down securely.

Yeah, considering one of those. But it gets windy where we are regularly. *VERY* windy. A Tuff Shed garage maybe, although it would cost almost as much as the FUV.
    Go To Post #1
Just thought I'd share my experience as I am new to this forum. I am reservation 503 and in Portland. This apparently puts me in the range of 90 or so of the first 100 on the west coast, so I got the Evergreen offer email last week.
I had a bunch of questions and ended up calling someone there and discussing over email and phone for a few days.

The gist of what I got out of that, is he believes all 100 will likely be delivered prior to the end of June, which is their target.
He does not believe full doors/enclosures will be done until sometime next year as their main focus is this initial roll out. There will be the option around then to buy windows to make the Evergreen fully enclosed, but again this will be a year wait likely.
I asked about price reduction after this initial 100, as I don't want to buy one and then have a $16,000 model become available 2 months later. He stated that essentially this first year, they are all likely going to remain Evergreen edition FUVs, so subsequent rounds after the first 100 are still going to be this $19,900 model, and that is unlikely to change until sometime next year.

I know that is not something a lot of people wanted to read.
I REALLY need windows as my seat will get drenched just sitting in my parking lot at work, but sounds like that will likely be at least a year out.

Another experience of mine to share is trying to get financing, I planned on paying cash at the $12,000 price, but $20,000 is too rich for me so I am likely to finance $7 - $10k. Wellsfargo refused(my credit is fine, had nothing to do with that), Rivermark wouldn't do an auto loan but had some other options at 8-9% interest, until I found Portland Priority Credit Union who will treat it like a motorcycle and lend me at the going rate plus 1%, so right now that would be about 4.5%
PPCU is only available to postal members or their family however.

Just something for everyone to consider. Anyway I'm, happy to join the forum and looking forward to chime in with questions!

P.S.  I plan to put my $5000 deposit this week sometime, as I am impatient and probably a bit impractical
[+] 7 users Like DanPDX's post
    Go To Post #1
Holy cow did not realize how lengthy that post was!
[+] 2 users Like DanPDX's post
    Go To Post #1
Took the plunge.

[Image: Screen-Shot-2019-02-14-at-10-33-20-PM.png]

@DanPDX, maybe we can take the train down together and caravan back home, if ours are ready near each other in time. :-D
[+] 4 users Like CharonPDX's post