Mapping my delivery drive... Cuttin' it close!
    Go To Post #1
I just asked poor Jonathan the communications guy about the max charging rate. I'll let you know when he replies. I have a 7.2 kW charger (EVSE) at home now for my other EV, so having full speed would be nice. (Since it would let me charge the Arci even from empty before I go to bed, then switch the cable to my other EV for overnight charging. Worst case, I'll plug the other EV in the 7.2 kW EVSE, and use a 120V for the Arci, since I have one of those plugs right there, too.)
    Go To Post #1
Also, it would be interesting to know the highest charge rate on 120V (many EVs limit the max charge rate to 12 amps with 120V, so that clueless EV owners won't pop breakers or burn down their house).

12A @ 120V is 1.4 kW (or about 6 miles/hr for the FUV) - maybe 10-12 hours from almost empty to almost full (if one has true 15A, grounded wiring for 120V in your garage).
    Go To Post #1
Just replied - onboard charger is 3.4 kW at 240V, or 1.4 kW at 120V.
    Go To Post #1
14A @ 240V, and/or 12A @ 120V ?? Weird. That's a first! I would have expected at least 16A.

On the bright side, anybody with an electric dryer or electric water heater (or even air conditioner) socket in the garage will be able to charge the FUV at its highest rate without having to spend $$$ for electrical changes. (Any 20A socket or greater is fine.)

It also makes the purchase of an EVSE rather inexpensive - new 240V/16A (max) EVSEs are available for around $200.
    Go To Post #1
(02-19-2019, 10:48 PM)CharonPDX Wrote: Using PlugShare's "Trip Planner," I decided to see if it thinks I could drive it home in one go.

Giving PlugShare a 100 mile range, it says I will make it home with 5 blocks of range to spare.  Dodgy

So as not to show my home address, I also did it in reverse, and it shows similar range to get to the AMP:

[Image: FUVrange.png]

I'll find out in a few months! (I'll be taking Highway 99W, which has a few Level 2 chargers along the route, so plenty of opportunity to charge if it doesn't look like I'll make it.)

A couple of free chargers in Corvalis.

(02-26-2019, 01:32 AM)SparkE Wrote: 14A @ 240V, and/or 12A @ 120V ??  Weird.  That's a first! I would have expected at least 16A.

On the bright side, anybody with an electric dryer or electric water heater (or even air conditioner) socket in the garage will be able to charge the FUV at its highest rate without having to spend $$$ for electrical changes. (Any 20A socket or greater is fine.)

It also makes the purchase of an EVSE rather inexpensive - new 240V/16A (max) EVSEs are available for around $200.

Our Signature came with an EVSE that is both 120-140-     at 12 As

i already had a EVSE that cost something close to $300 that reads out  Source Voltage, Source Amps and KW and KWH.   Allows me to keep tract of what we put into RED.
[+] 2 users Like PAX's post
    Go To Post #1
good good

Bisagras Cierre Suave