InsideHook Article/Interview
    Go To Post #1
I'm an old guy too, and would rather have an FUV than a Solo. Knowing how quickly the Chinese are erecting the Tesla gigafactory (and the Solo factory) and how slowly it is taking Arcimoto to spit out assembled Evergreens leaves me ... well ... doubtful that I'll have an FUV to ride before 10,000 folks have their Solos.
    Go To Post #1
20-40 SOLOs per month being shipped to Vancouver............not 100s or 1000s. The first shipment totaled 4 SOLOs a couple weeks ago.

Arcimoto’s estimated ‘Forward Thinking’ production schedule:

[Image: 40140-DA2-1-E10-4864-A5-A7-56-B375-E9647-E.jpg]

Go To Post #1
(04-21-2019, 02:35 AM)Rickb Wrote: 20-40 SOLOs per month being shipped to Vancouver............not 100s or 1000s. The first shipment totaled 4 SOLOs a couple weeks ago.

Arcimoto’s estimated ‘Forward Thinking’ production schedule:

[Image: 40140-DA2-1-E10-4864-A5-A7-56-B375-E9647-E.jpg]

How much of this is realistic accurate production prediction and how much is wishful thinking will be revealed, at least in part, in a few short weeks when Evergreens are due to start shipping.  June is only 5 weeks away.
    Go To Post #1
Yes, It’s 100% forward-looking/wishful thinking! Smile I’m wishing for the FMSVV tag to be released by the end of April and a minimum of 5 Evergreens assembled per day in May to meet June’s 100 Evergreen delivery schedule.

We’ll have that answer by the end of next week. I prefer the under promise and over deliver business model. My observation over the past 10 years is Arcimoto has typically over promised and underdelivered, but always delivered. I expect a delay.

Go To Post #1
Arcimoto celebrated their "new" production line which should by now be kicking out at least 1 Evergreen per day. Where oh where are those shiny new beasts? Nothing but computer generated images of doors mounted on a frame that I can find. Of course with the frames slanting back (rather than vertical) making a door that swings open without swinging up is more than a simple hinge challenge. Makes me think they haven't solved that engineering challenge yet or we would see a few examples by now.

4D
    Go To Post #1
(04-21-2019, 10:13 AM)4dthinker Wrote: Arcimoto celebrated their "new" production line which should by now be kicking out at least 1 Evergreen per day. Where oh where are those shiny new beasts? Nothing but computer generated images of doors mounted on a frame that I can find. Of course with the frames slanting back (rather than vertical) making a door that swings open without swinging up is more than a simple hinge challenge. Makes me think they haven't solved that engineering challenge yet or we would see a few examples by now.

4D

I don’t think they want to get too far ahead of themselves by manufacturing as they are not certified yet. I suspect they are doing some fabbing and parts assembly but that’s it.
[+] 1 user Likes harriska2's post
    Go To Post #1
I was told the California Doors are ready, EZ attach/detach tested, and ready. This older AMP photo shows a full door and there are several photos of 1/4 doors on Signature Series FUVs used primarily as arm rests.

[Image: 1-D034674-C56-F-47-B6-9-CE4-EFE31-CD5-BEB2.jpg]

They have cranked out 12-15 FUVs and sent them off to various testing labs for the final round of validation testing. They won’t start assembling reservation Evergreens until Arcimoto engineers release the official FMVSS certification tag.

Go To Post #1
Supposedly all the Alpha FUVs built in the 1st quarter have been used for testing/certification. We're now in the 2nd quarter. If getting through the testing/certification process takes 3 months or more, then perhaps they should have started the process with their signature/beta models and have it out of the way by now. It reeks of ignorance toward what it would actually take to be producing certified/legal retail models in 2019. As for them not wanting to move too fast, I call bull. If they are sincere about making a profit, and providing the world with the true affordable EV Mark wanted back in 2007, then every fiber in their bodies should be about "what is taking us so long?".
    Go To Post #1
Hinged 1/4 doors on the Sig Series:

[Image: DF8-FA52-B-A2-A8-460-B-B5-F8-50-D94373-F0-CD.png]

No bull! The Alphas were used for everyday road use testing and component part improvements were made. Some Alphas were sent off to testing labs for the 1st round certification testing. The required certification upgrades were completed to include the integration of the center headlight requirement on the final production model (Evergreen). It takes time to manufacturer certify and Arcimoto engineer’s are getting it right. We will have a better/safer FUV as a result.

Major progress since the Gen8 reveal 2-21/2 years ago! A relatively short time after the Gen8 prototype platform was finalized and determined to be the production FUV.

Go To Post #1
I trust AM knows how critical it is to get to market early, of course it is a balancing act. But they really need to be perceived as first to really make it big. I've seen several studies, over the years, of how getting into the market just a month sooner has a huge affect on profit over the product lifetime. I hope they are not being overly cautious but their track record has been very good so far.