I need more content!
    Go To Post #1
(03-22-2019, 03:37 PM)AnimalCage Wrote: I'm almost ready to pounce on a Honda NC-700X.
I just sold my CTX700 which shares the same engine and chassis.  If I had the NC-700X instead, I wouldn't have sold it.  That particular Honda is an outstanding value and extremely versatile.  I sold the CTX700 because the cruiser riding position was too painful for me.
    Go To Post #1
I've had two 1985 Kawasaki 454 LTDs. Small cruiser, a whole ton of fun, and faster than what was good for me. But, tough to ride for more than 45 minutes. I've also had two 1984-5 Honda GL-500 Silverwings (the motorcycle, not the big scooter). It was literally a baby Goldwing, with a 3/4 fairing, plus side bags and trunk. Light, nimble, could dance in traffic. Rode all over the south, from Mississippi to Virginia. Longest ride on that was 13 hours. Not all cruisers are bad for long trips, but riding position is everything.
    Go To Post #1
The seat and rider position in the FUV was so comfortable, my wife wanted to take one home to replace the chair in her library/craft room. Smile The down side is no long trips in the FUV.

Go To Post #1
(03-23-2019, 04:04 PM)Rickb Wrote: The seat and rider position in the FUV was so comfortable, my wife wanted to take one home to replace the chair in her library/craft room. Smile  The down side is no long trips in the FUV.

I think it is likely that, in the not to distant future, charging stations will become more common & battery technology will develop for greater range & faster recharging to make it possible to ride the FUV cross country without spending several hours each day waiting for the batteries to recharge.
[+] 1 user Likes jimball's post
    Go To Post #1
Tesla is already doing it with the recent opening of their first V3 Supercharger: Charges at a rate of 1000 miles per hour and can top off the Model 3 to 75 miles in 5 minutes......perfect for the rest area or coffee stops during long distance travel. Exciting times for those with interest in driving EVs.

[+] 1 user Likes Rickb's post
    Go To Post #1
I was initially told I was #3324 and completion date would be Q3 2020. I just got the email yesterday to complete my pre-order... As exciting as things have been, that was certainly a lot sooner than I expected for them to contact me to place the $5k reservation payment down. I want to complete my registration, but I can't possibly afford that much at the moment... and reluctant to pass on it to "save my spot" in the queue for future options.

Pretty torn at the moment on what to do. I have talked to my credit union, and they are able to loan me the full amount of the FUV, but not just for the $5k... and the terms and conditions of the reservation agreement definitely has some parts of it that makes me a little uncomfortable.

"The Reservation Payment is NON-REFUNDABLE, to the extent permitted by applicable law. This Agreement does not constitute an agreement for the sale of an Arcimoto vehicle and does not lock in pricing, a production slot, or an estimated delivery date. You are under no obligation to purchase an Arcimoto vehicle from us and we are under no obligation to supply an Arcimoto vehicle to you. If and when we notify you of the availability of an Arcimoto vehicle and you wish to proceed with the purchase of an Arcimoto vehicle, such sale and purchase will be governed by a separate and legally binding Purchase Agreement between you and Arcimoto. In the event a purchase is made, your Reservation Payment and any previous Pre-Order Payment will be credited against the purchase price."

no obligation to supply a vehicle? even after i fork up $5k that's non refundable? sounds like they setup a way to escape... I dunno. I am not sure how to proceed indeed.. I'm stuck not able to complete my registration, and I actually do find the more expensive (though yea.. a lot more than i had anticipated) Evergreen pretty appealing to where I would rather not wait for newer vehicle options.. darn..
    Go To Post #1
Although you didn’t ask for opinions, my experience over the past 50+ years of making any purchase is making sure I can afford what I buy, pay cash or make the largest down payment possible, and be certain there is a money back (full refund) guarantee to deliver the product on the time promised.

I don’t have an issue with the $5K non-refundable if I make the decision to not follow through with the purchase. However, the manufacturer needs to have similar customer obligation to deliver a product with a money back guarantee if they don’t follow through regardless of reason.

My guess is the non-refundable deposit locks in the order and guarantees delivery or your money back, but you need to get clarification on that from Arcimoto in writing or email response.

Sometimes it’s simply best to wait if not comfortable making a purchase. I’ve been waiting nearly a decade and May or may not have the opportunity to purchase an Evergreen. If I did make a “non-refundable” reservation payment Arcimoto would have to guarantee delivery, no ifs, ands, or buts.

........or issue a full refund.

[+] 3 users Like Rickb's post
    Go To Post #1
Much apologies, I realized I did not explicitly ask for an opinion, but was definitely seeking for them. Thank you for your input.

The lock-in order aspect is definitely understandable and it makes sense as you described it. Arcimoto still looks to be one of the most pleasing options I have seen, and for the most part has been exactly what I have been looking for in terms of a vehicle. I will seek clarification on that matter as well as reach out to them with regards to my current situation as well.

I know many people have been waiting for a very long while and it does seem peculiar for them to go down the list to ask for Evergreen reservation pre-orders that far down. I know I'm towards the end of the list.. Only factors I can think of is a lot of people are waiting for the cheaper model and/or they aren't in the 3 states they are releasing them to first (I am in California)... or Arcimoto really needs the money at the moment.
[+] 2 users Like SquallLHeart's post
    Go To Post #1
Honestly Squalll, I'd wait if I were you. I would not recommend taking a loan for the deposit, as Rick said.
If your order is reserved for 2020, that means either they aren't getting as many takers for the evergreen edition and moving you way up and you will get it this year, or they are trying to get as much funding to ramp up production. if you won't get it till 2020 I'd definitely say hold off bc they are going to keep you in your original spot everytime they reopen the $5k deposits. They will ask you before they check on anyone behind you. If that makes sense?

This is coming from someone who put $5k down. If I didn't know if be getting it in a few months, I would NOT have put the money down!
Might be worth emailing arcimoto to talk through your concerns, I had great discussions with Jonathon miller
    Go To Post #1
I won't take a loan unless it's for the full purchase, that seems to be the best thing. If i need to wait and save up the money, then that's what is going to happen.

I've emailed them to get clarification if I just got moved way up because of lack of interest in the Evergreen or if it was something else. If they are collecting reservation fees this early to help towards production.. then as much as I'd like to help.. well, it is not currently in the cards for me at the moment. I'll be forced to hold off anyway.

In the meantime, I do not intend to pass on it, so I'm not going to "Save my Spot" for a future vehicle. I am figuring if anything, the newer vehicles might be more affordable, but the Evergreen will remain as the "flagship" until probably much, much, much later when it gets its own future upgrades to improve on the platform.

Besides... the Evergreen name is kinda what hooked me into placing my preorder (as late as I did). I live in the Evergreen neighborhood/district and well.. it holds a personal connection to my hometown. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes SquallLHeart's post