Custom Shop
    Go To Post #1
Black is my favorite vehicle color to look at, but not own. My first car was black and it showed every water spot and speck of dust. To much work to keep it looking clean. I owned mostly white vehicles after, took a break from white with my current 2005 ‘Thundercloud Silver/Grey’ SUV and ordered up a high visibity Silver/Yellow FUV based on wanting to be seen by other drivers for that extra margin of motorcycle safety.

Regarding custom. William McCann, III Digital Paint on Wheels has done some creative custom works on the EMV SOLO and S.A.M.. I asked if he would do some examples of custom options using the FUV as his canvas, but doubt he has interest. I can only find a couple examples of his work, but cool, simple, refined, and some wild & crazy creative works.
[Image: BEAD6-EBB-8-B81-44-C0-B3-C9-3-CC8934-E1-F60.jpg]

Go To Post #1
Black = heat
Heat not good!
[+] 1 user Likes Mendojen's post
    Go To Post #1
Mendojen........and heat is the functional issue and more important for those without AC or climate control options. The other reason for my choice of white heat reflective vehicles. However, I can’t quite convince myself on the idea of a White FUV........Silver/White didn’t appear to be an option.

Note to those interested in seat covers. I contacted Wet Okole Hawaii regarding their water proof, heat, and cold resistant seat covers. Based on the Green Evergreen photo I sent, they thought it was the razor seat (RZR) and said they currently have custom seat covers that fit. Lots of cool seat cover colors and patterns to customize the FUV look.

[+] 3 users Like Rickb's post
    Go To Post #1
I just can’t convince 2 of the 3 guys that silver (with orange or blue vinyl) is better than black. Is the silver going to be the same as Hula’s silver - because that is shinier and more painted looking than the black.
    Go To Post #1
What’s your son’s color preference? I can’t imagine the silver base color would change in look from the Betas and that includes Hula’s. The dash is silver as well and likely stay much cooler on the hot sunny days. Keep in mind the Color Images shown when ordering are no shine renders.
[Image: A6-F264-B7-3-A26-4525-89-D6-A4442-CE409-A4.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes Rickb's post
    Go To Post #1
The guy (left side of the FUV) looks like Paul Teutul Jr. from the "American Chopper" show.
[+] 2 users Like FUV Dave's post
    Go To Post #1
His color preference is orange and black. We live within spitting distance of Oregon State University Sad I am trying to sell them on silver staying cooler.
[+] 1 user Likes harriska2's post
    Go To Post #1
FUV Dave, It is Paul Jr. He likely wants to custom Chop an FUV. Smile

They apparently think Black is cooler..............cooler looking. You’re cooler temp argument should be a common sense sell. You can do it! Smile Silver/Orange is my favorite color.......you have my vote.

[+] 1 user Likes Rickb's post
    Go To Post #1
Here's a link to an airplane guy who measured the skin temperature of several paint colors.
https://www.myrv10.com/tips/paint_temperatures.html

Note the gradual change in temperature as colors get generically lighter, it's not black vs. everything else.

Also note he measured the skin temperature of a shiny bright aluminum skin, but the type of infrared heat "gun" he used is fooled by (not accurate on) polished metal surfaces at local ambient temperatures.
    Go To Post #1
(05-24-2019, 04:32 PM)Dan21 Wrote: Here's a link to an airplane guy who measured the skin temperature of several paint colors.
https://www.myrv10.com/tips/paint_temperatures.html

Note the gradual change in temperature as colors get generically lighter, it's not black vs. everything else.

Also note he measured the skin temperature of a shiny bright aluminum skin, but the type of infrared heat "gun" he used is fooled by (not accurate on) polished metal surfaces at local ambient temperatures.
Thanks! I sent the link to the guys.
[+] 1 user Likes harriska2's post