Looking for a new admin!
    Go To Post #1
Welcome, Jenn!
[+] 1 user Likes SparkE's post
    Go To Post #1
Ty for stepping up and welcome Jen.
    Go To Post #1
(04-29-2019, 10:24 PM)Mendojen Wrote: Hi everyone! My name is Jenn and I guess I’m the new administrator!
I’m expecting my FUV in June....yellow/ silver.
I have little idea what my duties are but I guess we will all figure this out!

One of the duties is erasing SPAM and blocking the users who spam the site.

If you'd like help with that, send me a PM (I am site admin for a few EV sites).

There currently seems to be about 80 SPAM messages that have been posted in the last few hours ( they are apparently using auto-post software that hit the site every 5-10 minutes).
[+] 2 users Like SparkE's post
    Go To Post #1
Kind of sad that two separate spam-fests have posted more to this forum than all the legitimate posts in the past six months.
    Go To Post #1
Thanks SparkE! Hopefully, Mendojen takes your offer to assist. I recall Kat Puzst offered to assist as well. Most of the FUV discussion appears to have moved to the Facebook Arcimoto FUV Club. It would be interesting if this Forum could spark some new life and perhaps evolve into a FUV Owner’s Group. I’d offer some assist, but have a zero tolerance level of patience.

[+] 1 user Likes Rickb's post
    Go To Post #1
I have found that it is difficult for one person to keep SPAM off a site. Well, not really *difficult*, simply a real time sink. With multiple moderators logging in at different times of the day (generally) the SPAMmers tend to get swatted down and blocked before they can post 100+ ads.
[+] 1 user Likes SparkE's post
    Go To Post #1
Just tell me what to do!
    Go To Post #1
(12-18-2019, 06:07 AM)Mendojen Wrote: Just tell me what to do!

If I may, perhaps start deleting some the spam as others have alluded to.  E.g. within the last 24hrs someone from South Korea created username holdyoutighter48 and proceeded to pollute the forum by spamming it with 83 new threads / posts in Korean.  I've used the Report function on a few of the posts including the username. I even used the Contact Us to report to this.  So can you start by blocking or deleting that username and hopefully all their related spam posts?  [url=https://fuvowners.com/member.php?action=profile&uid=1375][/url]
    Go To Post #1
(12-19-2019, 05:18 AM)Dr_Jim Wrote: On an individual's level, if you mouse over and click on the spam-monkey's name, you're taken to the user's description page where there's a selection box on the right hand side that offers to 'Add this User to your Ignore list?'

Adding Chuckle-headed Doodlefuss to my ignore list instantly removed 86 unwanted growths from my unread message list - were they can remain unread, unsee, and unloved by all...

Cheers

Jim (loves the smell of Nuked Spam in the AM) Mitchell

Thanks, yea, that's exactly how I would have expected it to work.  But I had already done that and unfortunately "chuckle-head's" entries still show up in thread lists.  E.g. when I click on "View Unread Posts" every single entry in the list are posts by chuckle-head.  Or when I click on the Events category, the first 14 or so thread entries in the list are from Doodlefuss.  The only place I've noticed a difference is when I go into one of spam-monkey's threads, the post entry by Doodlefuss exists but the contents of the post is replaced with "The contents of this message are hidden because holdyoutighter48 is on your ignore list."   

So unless there is a bug with the Ignore List function or there is some other forum setting/option I need to set that affects the behavior of the Ignore List, it's pretty much ineffective.  

Regardless, IMHO this member ID should be banned and all associated entries deleted.  And whether the ignore list is effective or not, just think of what the forum looks like to guests or a new member who wouldn't have an Ignore List set up yet.  It certainly wouldn't scream to them this is a well maintained forum.