Open house today
    Go To Post #1
(05-12-2019, 03:13 PM)Rickb Wrote: Oddly, I never thought of the Sig Series and Betas as looking cheap, but rather fit and finished. However, the Arcimoto Flagship Evergreen, looks cheap in terms of fit & finish in the photos, but it ain’t $cheap. Why is that? The FUN and Utility Factors have to make up for it. I hope the Silver body color has a bit more shine (than the matte black) as it appears in this older photo:

[Image: D10-B4660-F827-4646-979-D-FA82-E73-D3-AD0.jpg]

That one looks painted on fiberglass. The headlights give it away. No, they do not look close to that nice but you do get used to it.

Another reason the Evergreens don’t look as nice is because the test and signature series vehicles have 3 colors. The front incorporated a black grill. Now you get the whole front one color save under the windshield wiper.
    Go To Post #1
Yeah, haven't been able to get my wife to drive one yet. She, like her ER-nurse-mother, is adamantly against motorcycles, but this having the cage and three wheels has left her at least neutral on it. She does enjoy "fun/fast" vehicles though, which we've never really had (she had a "sporty sedan" before we met.)
[+] 1 user Likes CharonPDX's post
    Go To Post #1
(05-14-2019, 04:50 PM)CharonPDX Wrote: Yeah, haven't been able to get my wife to drive one yet. She, like her ER-nurse-mother, is adamantly against motorcycles, but this having the cage and three wheels has left her at least neutral on it. She does enjoy "fun/fast" vehicles though, which we've never really had (she had a "sporty sedan" before we met.)
Same here. After driving it you do really like it. My hubby hasn’t driven one but I suspect once we get one he’ll drive it and really like it. He calls it a “toy.” Dems fightin words. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes harriska2's post
    Go To Post #1
(05-12-2019, 03:13 PM)Rickb Wrote: Oddly, I never thought of the Sig Series and Betas as looking cheap, but rather fit and finished.  However, the Arcimoto Flagship Evergreen, looks cheap in terms of fit & finish in the photos, but it ain’t $cheap. Why is that?  The FUN and Utility Factors have to make up for it.  I hope the Silver body color has a bit more shine (than the matte black) as it appears in this older photo:

I mean, the Sig series cost at least twice as much as the Evergreen, they could afford to give them high-quality individual-attention paint jobs.
[+] 1 user Likes CharonPDX's post
    Go To Post #1
The Sig Series (I think 4 total hand builds @ $43,900) were likely fiberglass shells custom painted (?). However, I believe the Beta builds were injected molded body/fenders with added vinyl color accents same production process used for the the retail FUVs. The bug eye headlights were added to the Betas as a result of validation testing and later integrated as part of the new mold.
[Image: B1-BDCB12-0036-4-C74-90-E1-6-A1-A81-F76-FD0.jpg]

Go To Post #1
The white panels above look vacuum formed rather than injection molded to me. Much cheaper to make that way.

4D
[+] 1 user Likes 4dthinker's post
    Go To Post #1
Yep, I actually meant to state vacuum formed. Smile

The Green Evergreen on the green looks pretty awesome!
[Image: C0-F36471-475-D-4991-8524-28-AF27-E31-DCC.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes Rickb's post
    Go To Post #1
Are you sure that is an Evergreen? If so where are the California doors? Hopefully the promised doors aren't still holding up the production line.
    Go To Post #1
(05-15-2019, 03:26 AM)4dthinker Wrote: Are you sure that is an Evergreen?   If so where are the California doors?  Hopefully the promised doors aren't still holding up the production line.

Take a look at harriska2's post early in the thread - shows the same unit with the doors on.
    Go To Post #1
Yes, it’s the Evergreen with the doors off. Front photo shows integrated headlights and better yet Arcimoto confirmed it was. Sadly, the doors on display at the open house are still a work in progress for fit. Kat indicated she felt sorry for the door guy, but he will get it right. I really don’t think that optional doors would delay assembly or delivery because they are removeable. The only delay would be if there is issue with the 2 re-tests scheduled for May 21. I’m optimistic it’ll pass with flying colors. Speaking of color there appears to be more color accent on the front fenders? Looks good! (Click on the photo to expand)

[Image: 24-BBA1-D6-E345-4-CA1-A29-B-27-C5-DE65-ECB6.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes Rickb's post