April 1st Update!
    Go To Post #1
ARCIMOTO'S ROLE IN SMART CITIES

As interest, research, and development in electric and autonomous vehicles rise, new vehicle entries must continually evaluate where they fit into the transportation infrastructure of future Smart Cities. If you’ve seen some of Mark’s early talks on the subject, you know that we have championed the Arcimoto platform as an ideal autonomous solution from its inception years ago.

But even before the fully autonomous future arrives, we plan to help Arcimoto owners and drivers participate in the vehicle sharing world. We’ve begun prototyping the Arcimoto App - the multi-use tool that puts ride-sharing capability at your fingertips. To get a sneak peek at where we are headed, check out the video below, and feel free to let us know how we can improve the shared vision.

PRODUCTION PROGRESS

The first vehicles through the production line, and the first customer vehicle deliveries this Summer, will be the Signature Series, and they are currently targeted for an April build start. As we mentioned at the end of last year, we’ve been building and testing new subsystems and assemblies prior to building the new chassis on the line in April. We are also making great progress on getting everything in order — conducting detailed design reviews of every subsystem in the vehicle, ensuring that all revisions are final in advance of production. Given the tightness of the timeline and the added complication of moving, it is possible that Signature production kickoff will move into May.

Pilot production will follow, for both early customers and a managed pilot deployment. We will accelerate production throughout the remainder of the year and push for higher scale production in early 2018 to fill our currently held reservations. We’ll continue to keep you updated as we progress. Early customers should expect communication from us soon requesting confirmation of purchase and selection of options.

Testing of Signature Series updates continues on the Alpha vehicles. We now have a fully functional windshield wiper on the ETC and it has been handling our lovely Oregon Spring weather (read: heavy rain) with no problem. The gearbox test rig has now completed over 75,000 miles of simulated wear and is surpassing expectations on the way to our goal of 100,000 miles on the new assembly.

PRODUCTION PROGRESS

The first vehicles through the production line, and the first customer vehicle deliveries this Summer, will be the Signature Series, and they are currently targeted for an April build start. As we mentioned at the end of last year, we’ve been building and testing new subsystems and assemblies prior to building the new chassis on the line in April. We are also making great progress on getting everything in order — conducting detailed design reviews of every subsystem in the vehicle, ensuring that all revisions are final in advance of production. Given the tightness of the timeline and the added complication of moving, it is possible that Signature production kickoff will move into May.

Pilot production will follow, for both early customers and a managed pilot deployment. We will accelerate production throughout the remainder of the year and push for higher scale production in early 2018 to fill our currently held reservations. We’ll continue to keep you updated as we progress. Early customers should expect communication from us soon requesting confirmation of purchase and selection of options.

Testing of Signature Series updates continues on the Alpha vehicles. We now have a fully functional windshield wiper on the ETC and it has been handling our lovely Oregon Spring weather (read: heavy rain) with no problem. The gearbox test rig has now completed over 75,000 miles of simulated wear and is surpassing expectations on the way to our goal of 100,000 miles on the new assembly.

[Image: Media182.jpg]

CHARGING THE VENTURE'S BATTERY
Since launching our Fundable page in January, we have seen a strong response from folks interested in helping to push the world’s first FUV into market. We are excited to announce that we have oversubscribed our goal on Fundable, and are closing this current round on April 14. It’s not too late for accredited investors to take the plunge. Head over to our Fundable page to check it out.

If you’re interested in hearing about future Arcimoto investment opportunities, sign up on our investor page, and we’ll keep you in the loop.

STAY TUNED
We have some very exciting announcements planned for the coming weeks and months, so stay tuned. In the meantime, check out our brand spankin’ new company video! It combines the product video you all by now know and love with our company’s mission and vision for the future of transportation.

[Image: Media148.png]
[Image: Media137.jpg]

This email was sent by Team Arcimoto at Arcimoto, Inc. - 544 Blair Blvd. Eugene, OR 97402.
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
    Go To Post #1
Scroll up to see the comprehensive update.
In the meantime, here's an excellent 2016 Video that I somehow missed...

Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
    Go To Post #1
"Early customers should expect communication from us soon requesting confirmation of purchase and selection of options."

Holy cow I'm stupid excited!
    Go To Post #1
I'm saving stupid excited for when I get that email request, see an actual hardshell enclosed SRK,  the wipers wipe, and witness an early adopter handed the 'keys' to their Signature Series FUV.

It's part of my Don't tell me, Show me philosophy. Smile

Go To Post #1
They REALLY should have made this announcement yesterday, or waited until Monday. But it is GREAT news! (I am waiting with baited breath to see who will actually ship their trike first.)
    Go To Post #1
(04-01-2017, 06:35 PM)SparkE Wrote: They REALLY should have made this announcement yesterday, or waited until Monday. But it is GREAT news! (I am waiting with baited breath to see who will actually ship their trike first.)

They did send out the news letter yesterday.  Both are very close to signature series deliveries, but it sounds like Arcimoto is still tweaking their one SRK ETC before starting their builds.  

EMV seems closer with their 10 pre-production solo's on the road.

Go To Post #1
Hey, don't forget that Elio showed their first prototype YEARS ago, so they must be closer, right?

First one to ship is ... first one to ship.

If both are shipping final product (not "beta test units", no matter what they CALL them) in June it's a win for us.
    Go To Post #1
Keep in mind there is no test drive Elio and no preproduction Elio until the E builds are complete/tested/validation. Also, EM states they need an additional $300M to reach production status.  Is that closer?    

The Arcimoto and Electra Meccanica are so much closer to delivering Signature Series reservationist vehicles. They  both are building/assembling vehicles in-house in tooled and ready manufacturing facilities.  It's a win for those interested in EVS as an option to the Elio.

Both startups are anticipating May 2017 Signature Series deliveries.  Who will be first to ship?  Technically, EMV has built and sold several pre-production Solo Prototypes badged the EMV Sparrow.  Perhaps EMV has already won?

Go To Post #1
I would give EMV the edge at this point, but the A-Team is right behind them - probably by just a matter of weeks.

But who knows how it will actually pan out.
    Go To Post #1
Wow - sarcasm really doesn't play well on the interwebs, does it.