The Fate of the Three-Wheeler
    Go To Post #1
An educated guess is better than no information. Scaled from a photo, the roll cage on the SRK is about 1.36 inch (35 mm) diameter steel tubing. Steel absorbs a lot of energy in a crash, by bending rather than shattering. A car typically has steel reinforcement in the door to serve the same purpose. If the SOLO has just a fiberglass shell, it would provide very little protection. If it has some serious structural members designed to absorb energy, it could be pretty good.

As to spinning out on slippery surfaces, this probably has to do with rear wheel drive. But I wouldn't worry about it too much. I can drive it to keep the rear wheel force low, and let off the throttle if it starts to slide. Sometimes the ability to spin out can be an advantage. Like one time, in a small rear wheel drive car (Simca Aronde), I went down a hill that was so slick I just slid faster and faster. At the bottom was a T intersection. I spun the car sideways and it stayed on the road.
    Go To Post #1
Paravil, Kroll's statement was a general comment made in a news release, not a marketing strategy.  I don't find him to be a disingenuous personality, just the opposite.  When it comes to safety the EMV team is race car connected and as safety conscious as a vehicle design and engineering team could be.  Both Arcimoto and EMV are visionary in getting a disruptive commuter vehicle to the USA market which you may or may not see that functional in your market place. I personally feel both of these commuter EVs have worldwide market potential.

Go To Post #1
Since this seems to be the new Solo thread...
Heads Up: Turn the volume down as soon as you start the video...
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
    Go To Post #1
Now it is! Smile

Go To Post #1
No, the Solo thread is here : http://soloowners.net/index.php . PLEASE post Solo-related stuff over there. Thx.
    Go To Post #1
(05-04-2017, 04:32 AM)SparkE Wrote: No, the Solo thread is here : http://soloowners.net/index.php . PLEASE post Solo-related stuff over there. Thx.

When someone starts to make a comparison of the two vehicles in a post, my response is made to that post regardless if its on the SOLOs or SRK owners forums.  Threads sometimes go slightly off course, big deal!

Go To Post #1
Good Post!
    Go To Post #1
Why the Arcimoto is different than the past 3 wheelers.

--its electric (quieter and cleaner)
--its can go on highway (70-80 mph)
--its has more power capacity (100 mpge city)
--it has FUV Fun utility vehicle as a description
---reminder internet allows for more communication and delivery services unlike preinternet
--it has good ip on manufacturing process (it is a serious undertaking)
---a real marketing strategy (rental at fun populous places for exposure)
- it has a mission (The fossil fuel emissions crisis gives it a passion)
--it fits more culturally today in a technology electric generation
---the mining industry loves lithium, nickel, Cobalt, copper demand
-software & hardware companies, cloud services exist and want a piece of the self driving sales

Probably many more differences
[+] 2 users Like Templedog1's post