Test Drive Video
    Go To Post #1
New drive video posted to Twitter.  Looks like they took the same test drive route I did!

https://twitter.com/DarynLaBier/status/8...7709512704

Go To Post #1
Well, at least they´ve let members of the public test drive in one of their prototypes, even though it´s not yet the finished product. The Electrameccanica Solo is supposed to be the production model but, as yet, not one of them has been test driven by anyone other than the developers. There must be a reason fot EM´s reluctance to let anyone else do a test ride. Is it because the dreaded whine of the electric drive is overpowering? Is it dangerous when cornering too fast? Does it heat up, and is there a fire hazard? There must be some reason!
    Go To Post #1
I wouldn't read too much into that, really. It's not super surprising that they would be careful about test drives, especially after Elio got all that bad press when a body panel fell off during one of their tests. Better to avoid any potential bad press and be super careful until you know everything is 100% solid.

But eventually you do need to let the public give it a go. And the A Team certainly hasn't been shy about that.
    Go To Post #1
(06-13-2017, 05:29 PM)paravil Wrote: Well, at least they´ve let members of the public test drive in one of their prototypes, even though it´s not yet the finished product. The Electrameccanica Solo is supposed to be the production model but, as yet, not one of them has been test driven by anyone other than the developers. There must be a reason fot EM´s reluctance to let anyone else do a test ride. Is it because the dreaded whine of the electric drive is overpowering? Is it dangerous when cornering too fast? Does it heat up, and is there a fire hazard? There must be some reason!

Completely untrue paravil.

There are pictures and videos (not necessarily good ones) of members of the general public test driving Solos at area track events.

Some of those are months old. Oddly enough, everybody seems to be wearing a sh*t eating grin. Some of the pictures are on SoloOwners.net. Also check Youtube.
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
    Go To Post #1
The only videos I can find, Dale are of the SRK (although the lady´s imbecile grin did put me off). Quite a few members of the public have written positively about their SRK driving experiences, and an SRK has been demonstrated (and test driven) throughout the USA.

But I can´t find similar reports by members of the public on the Solo. Links?
    Go To Post #1
(06-14-2017, 08:19 AM)paravil Wrote: The only videos I can find, Dale are of the SRK (although the lady´s imbecile grin did put me off). Quite a few members of the public have written positively about their SRK driving experiences, and an SRK has been demonstrated (and test driven) throughout the USA.

But I can´t find similar reports by members of the public on the Solo. Links?

I didn't say anything about reviews or reports from Solo test drivers, but I'll look for links to the pictures and video(s) that I described. Smile

There is a video test drive / review from a web journalist. I think it's in the SoloOwners.net resource library. I'll see if I can find that too.
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
    Go To Post #1
http://soloowners.net/showthread.php?tid...98#pid2698
http://soloowners.net/showthread.php?tid...772#pid772
http://soloowners.net/showthread.php?tid...25#pid2525
http://soloowners.net/showthread.php?tid...87#pid2587
    Go To Post #1
Negative, Dale! Those are NOT anything like SRK test drive videos (and the somewhat scathing commentaries by forum contributors confirm this). Most depict stills and spoken text in front oi a stationary Solo. The only comment written by a car enthusiast is vitrioloc in its criticism. Questions concerning noise, cornering ability, battery safety etc. are not addressed. If the first Solos are to be delivered in the next few months, test results, written by competent and independent professional jounalists should surely have been made available by now.

At least Arcimoto have the confidence to let unvetted members of the public state their opinions wherever test rides are on offer on their tours of the US. It does look to me as if future Solo owners are in for some unpleasant surprises (.... this is based on my long standing experience following the Lit two-wheeler, the Aptera, the Carver, its many derivatives and so many other wow! factor vehicles).
    Go To Post #1
(06-13-2017, 05:29 PM)paravil Wrote: The Electrameccanica Solo is supposed to be the production model but, as yet, not one of them has been test driven by anyone other than the developers.

I respectfully maintain my position on this.

As it stands, your previous statement (quoted above) is completely untrue.

However, I can agree with some of the rest of your last response.

Had you not been as specific in that previous statement...
    Go To Post #1
Ok .... lets leave it at that. Personally, I no longer count on myself as a `believer´ and, as the deposit on both vehicles is not likely to cause anyone distress, there´s at least some pleasure to be had while following how things turn out (some people are still waiting for their Lit C-1 or their Aptera). Much better than the fate of those poor people who eventually got their Myers three-wheelers.