Arcimoto Going Public
    Go To Post #1
Golf carts wish they were the SRK.  I respect your position but I think you underestimate their scope.  They have a basic platform which, granted, has some superficial similarities to a golf cart, but it is street legal and goes 80 on the freeway, and on top of that basic platform is a variety of options that can make it suitable for multiple uses.  I plan on getting an enclosure and tailbox and literally have it replace my sedan.   The delivery version is crazy ideal for various commercial uses, the footprint and ease of ingress make it ideal for ridesharing in busy cities, and future plans autonomous driving features for which the current platform is almost already ideal.

It's a different concept to be sure, but once it gets out there and is demonstrated in real-world situations, that's when we'll really start to see it shine.

Now with that said, it isn't a sure thing, nor do they lack for challenges to overcome.  In my mind, their biggest challenge is getting people to adopt the unique vehicle design.  But I personally think they'll do okay
    Go To Post #1
I am surprised a company can be a company and offer stock options until it has an actual product to sell. The average guy should resist venture capital high risk investment oportunities and opt for a much safer investment portfolio to help secure a stabile retirement income supplement.

Obviously Reg A+ is a high risk ground floor investment opportunity that takes a lot of research on the product, it's potential market acceptance, the founders credibility, prior business successes or failures, venture capital interest, R&D progress/status, and the financial statements. One should do the neccessary research, weigh various opinions, and gather information that allows one to make an educated investment decision.......over blind faith reactions

Go To Post #1
(06-24-2017, 08:56 PM)Rickb Wrote: I am surprised a company can be a company and offer stock options until it has an actual product to sell.  The average guy should resist venture capital high risk investment oportunities and opt for a much safer investment portfolio to help secure a stabile retirement income supplement.

Obviously Reg A+ is a high risk ground floor investment opportunity that takes a lot of research on the product,  it's potential market acceptance, the founders credibility, prior business successes or failures, venture capital interest, R&D progress/status, and the financial statements.  One should do the neccessary research, weigh various opinions, and gather information that allows one to make an educated investment decision.......over blind faith reactions

I can't see how Arcimoto will not have the same difficulties attracting venture capital that Elio is experiencing. In fact, that seems like one of the reasons Elio went with Reg A+.

I think VC's have really let this country down as of late and are the reason we don't see much innovation on large projects. Everyone wants a guaranteed ROI.

(06-24-2017, 07:31 PM)Kepesk Wrote: Golf carts wish they were the SRK.  I respect your position but I think you underestimate their scope.  They have a basic platform which, granted, has some superficial similarities to a golf cart, but it is street legal and goes 80 on the freeway, and on top of that basic platform is a variety of options that can make it suitable for multiple uses.  I plan on getting an enclosure and tailbox and literally have it replace my sedan.   The delivery version is crazy ideal for various commercial uses, the footprint and ease of ingress make it ideal for ridesharing in busy cities, and future plans autonomous driving features for which the current platform is almost already ideal.

It's a different concept to be sure, but once it gets out there and is demonstrated in real-world situations, that's when we'll really start to see it shine.

Now with that said, it isn't a sure thing, nor do they lack for challenges to overcome.  In my mind, their biggest challenge is getting people to adopt the unique vehicle design.  But I personally think they'll do okay

Ok, I grant you it is a golf cart on steroids, but still... Is it the rickshaw for the 21st century? It's suitability for some jobs looks good on paper, but remains to be demonstrated. I hope so.
    Go To Post #1
FWIW I've taken a leap of faith of sorts and bought $12k of preferred shares because I wanted to show a vote of confidence in the product vision

as I look at things, they have spent the last 10 years trying to get the right mix of function, form and reliability at an affordable price point

I realize the track record for 3 three vehicles isn't all that successful (in the market place), and that the failure rate for any new company is lets say 50:50 over a 5 year period,... yet from what I've seen reported this one looks to be that odd mix that just works on many different levels

godspeed "arcimoto"

disclosure: I only "invested" money I can afford to write off and I'd advise anyone else who is pondering buying stock to do the same
    Go To Post #1
(07-13-2017, 04:43 AM)ben Wrote: FWIW I've taken a leap of faith of sorts and bought $12k of preferred shares because I wanted to show a vote of confidence in the product vision
Wait you've invested?  I haven't seen any notification that they're ready to accept investors.
    Go To Post #1
(07-13-2017, 04:50 AM)Kepesk Wrote:
(07-13-2017, 04:43 AM)ben Wrote: FWIW I've taken a leap of faith of sorts and bought $12k of preferred shares because I wanted to show a vote of confidence in the product vision
Wait you've invested?  I haven't seen any notification that they're ready to accept investors.
yup see article

https://techcrunch.com/2017/01/10/arcimo...-fundable/

for specifics

https://www.fundable.com/arcimoto

but due to risk ya have to be an "accredited investor"

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/a/accr...vestor.asp
    Go To Post #1
Oh Fundable, gotcha. I thought you were referring to the Reg A+
    Go To Post #1
Jacob, What happened to your proud owner of 300 shares post?

Go To Post #1
That wasn't me. I couldn't afford quite that many.
    Go To Post #1
Sorry, my bad! The post mysteriously disappeared from their Facebook page. Seemed odd.