Rei the Evergreen
    Go To Post #1
Got “Rei” our Evergreen a little over a week ago, VIN #37 for 2020. I happen to have borrowed Goldie, VIN #12 for 2019.

A couple observations between the newer Rei and older Goldie:

1. Both are silver panels but the molding seems to have changed. It is different but I can't put
 my finger on exactly how, the trunk looks different on the inside. 

2. Rei has an upgraded computer. The startup sounds are more melodic and loud.

3. Driving without doors is actually really nice. You can totally see the wheels and it is quicker to get in and out. I can see why Mark F doesn't seem interested in doors for his FUV. That said, the back is a bit more windy and I'm not real willing to hold Rusty Q Dog in the back seat without doors. Also storing stuff in the back seat is a little iffy without doors to keep your stuff from rolling around. Good thing our large pizza fit in the trunk Smile

4. Rei seems smoother. My son thinks it turns at low speeds a little easier. I couldn't tell the difference

5. We also have different back tire and brake pads. 

6. You are now required to have both the left and right seatbelts engaged in order to move.

For anyone wondering if you can rig up a quick button to reset. Apparently not at all possible. My husband was looking at the training rig for technicians and the guys showed how the reboot works. Sorry. Only suggestion hubby had was nice black thumb screws for the small panels and small hands.
[+] 1 user Likes harriska2's post
    Go To Post #1
I'm really happy for you that you got your FUV. I'm still waiting. My reservation changed so much and then I was never able to get a firm place in the queue. I estimated I was in the 90's. I pre-ordered on June 20, 2018. Gave them my $5k on March 25, 2019. My FUV was vinyl but my seat was custom. I reached out to Joe. I asked him how the shutdown affected Corbin's production schedule for the FUV seats. He said he would check into it.

I seem to recall an old discussion over on FB about back-up lights. I personally think the FUV should have them. For no other reason than to warn others that I'm backing up. I owned a Can-Am Spyder and a Polaris Slingshot. They were equipped with back-up lights.

So do you know if the FUV is wired for back-up lights?

Thank you for your post. It was interesting to read how the FUV "matures" as each one comes off the line.

Ride safe!

Dave
    Go To Post #1
Dave, Yes, the wiring is in place for the backup lights. I imagine it is because AM expects to get certification to add them back in. My understanding is that because the FUV is classified as a motorcycle, there wasn't any regulation on backup lights. At the time, it was easier to just not install them but they left the wiring in place.

I was able to add the lights on to Goldie II and Rei will or already has them installed. (I sold a set of the LED's to Kat) The backup lights are not super bright but they help illuminate my backup camera and as you mentioned, notifies others of your driving intentions.
    Go To Post #1
(06-04-2020, 07:58 PM)CreativeGuy Wrote: Dave, Yes, the wiring is in place for the backup lights.  I imagine it is because AM expects to get certification to add them back in. My understanding is that because the FUV is classified as a motorcycle, there wasn't any regulation on backup lights.  At the time, it was easier to just not install them but they left the wiring in place.

I was able to add the lights on to Goldie II and Rei will or already has them installed. (I sold a set of the LED's to Kat)  The backup lights are not super bright but they help illuminate my backup camera and as you mentioned, notifies others of your driving intentions.

Awesome. Thank you for the reply!!

Be safe, be healthy!
    Go To Post #1
Mine is currently in for recall repairs - I'll have to ask about getting the computer/UI upgraded - I know when I drove the GoCars one, I did prefer the updated interface.
    Go To Post #1
(06-04-2020, 07:58 PM)CreativeGuy Wrote: I was able to add the lights on to Goldie II and Rei will or already has them installed. (I sold a set of the LED's to Kat)

Aha, I was wondering on the backup camera wiring recently posted on FB whether new FUVs were getting backup lights. I haven't checked here in a while...

I guess it was posted in the accessories list, I just wasn't paying attention to all the edits there.
    Go To Post #1
Backup lights were installed along with a bracket that installs behind the license plate to hold a backup cam and mud flap.
[Image: 9396355-C-8906-4198-81-A0-3-F661-E3-EDA61.jpg]