FUV gets 173.7 MPGe ???
    Go To Post #1
(01-03-2021, 10:03 PM)ben Wrote: my dad who was an aerospace engineer drilled into me at a pretty young age the importance of KISS (keep it simple)

still have my old diesel benz

If my 2006 VW Beetle TDI running Diesel HPR could have gotten carpool lane access, I would have never gotten into EVs. I remember looking up in 2015 that 40% of electricity in California was still from burning natural gas with another 20% from "unknown sources", while Diesel HPR is almost carbon neutral if you ignore the processing footprint.

My dad had all sorts of cars that he got for free or bought for a low price because they were broken. He repaired them and would use them for years after. Growing up, I used a car that wouldn't start when it was raining, a car that wouldn't start if the engine was too hot, and a car that you need to use the trip meter as the gas gauge. He didn't let me drive the one where the brakes would sometimes stick and would need brake line bleeding in the nearest parking lot. I think I like working on my vehicles because of this childhood. Imagine my jaw dropping when in 2015, he suggested just leasing cars because they're just too expensive and difficult to fix nowadays.
    Go To Post #1
Ah the good old days when a carburetor could be rebuilt in a couple hours and points and condenser change easily are now gone with sophisticated electronic control units taking their places.
'86 Mazda used as tool truck for construction until 2012 when it and I retired both still running
    Go To Post #1
MPGe is a formula that *estimates* the equivalence. I take it with a grain of salt.