Solo (et al)
    Go To Post #1
Sorry, but the "EV but not FUV" area of the forum seems to be broken, so ...

A couple of weeks ago when I was driving through my neighborhood (SF Bay Area) and saw an ElectraMeccanica Solo parked in somebody's driveway. My head whipped around so fast that I almost got whiplash !! Apparently they have finally started customer deliveries. 5-6 years after they were supposed to be shipping. (originally).

Also, I have seen TWO Rivian EV pickups in the past month. 

I am hoping that 2022 will be the breakout year for EVs. Ford pretty much stole everybody's thunder with their announcement of the F150 EV *at virtually the same price* as the gas version.
    Go To Post #1
Yep, ElectraMeccanica has been shipping for about a year now.

I test drove one a little over a year ago, when they said customer deliveries were due to start any day - they had half a dozen to test in a mall parking lot with a little driving course laid out with cones.

It drove *WAAAAAY* worse than my FUV. Acceleration and braking were "bad to the point of dangerous", the suspension was so harsh I compared it to a race-tuned Miata. Even tiny crack in the pavement in the parking lot were jarring - I can't imagine hitting an actual pothole or going over a speed bump.

The interior was definitely nicer than my FUV, but for actual driving? Ick.
    Go To Post #1
I've seen two other Rivian pickups this week.
    Go To Post #1
I finally chatted with the owner of the Solo, and he doesn't like it as much as he thought he would. Doesn't like the ride or the acceleration, or the braking.
[+] 1 user Likes SparkE's post
    Go To Post #1
Dang. Sad that they didn't fix those before production. I was really hoping they would.

Unrelated - I got my Rivian a couple weeks ago. :-D