Finally getting my hard doors.
    Go To Post #1
After nearly a year of waiting, I'm finally getting scheduled to replace my rag-doors with hard doors.

Kind of conflicted - the rag doors are fun simple things, with storage pockets, that are quick to remove when desired, quick to put back on, and light and breezy for summer use. (Or spring/fall when you may drive through puddles, but don't want full doors.) But, sadly, the mounting mechanism is apparently different, so I won't be able to keep my soft doors when they put the hard doors on.

The hard doors *are* removable, but not nearly as easily. And the hard doors definitely will make the vehicle look "more finished". Plus, the upcoming soft-vinyl-window uppers will be compatible with the hard half doors, allowing for a Jeep-like "full door" for winter use when they start shipping the uppers without needing to replace the entire doors again.

As for the delay? The biggest delay for me personally has been the fact that I have one of the few silver-body FUVs. They switched to only black as the base color a while ago, so they've only been forming black doors for now. But they finally got the silver set up to match the silver on the early-shipped FUVs, so they're making the batch of silver doors now.

That, and I'll be getting a custom vinyl design, which is stalling it by a couple more weeks. (If I just wanted plain silver doors, I'd have it done next week.)
    Go To Post #1
(05-27-2022, 06:48 PM)CharonPDX Wrote: After nearly a year of waiting, I'm finally getting scheduled to replace my rag-doors with hard doors.

Kind of conflicted - the rag doors are fun simple things, with storage pockets, that are quick to remove when desired, quick to put back on, and light and breezy for summer use. (Or spring/fall when you may drive through puddles, but don't want full doors.) But, sadly, the mounting mechanism is apparently different, so I won't be able to keep my soft doors when they put the hard doors on.

The hard doors *are* removable, but not nearly as easily. And the hard doors definitely will make the vehicle look "more finished". Plus, the upcoming soft-vinyl-window uppers will be compatible with the hard half doors, allowing for a Jeep-like "full door" for winter use when they start shipping the uppers without needing to replace the entire doors again.

As for the delay? The biggest delay for me personally has been the fact that I have one of the few silver-body FUVs. They switched to only black as the base color a while ago, so they've only been forming black doors for now. But they finally got the silver set up to match the silver on the early-shipped FUVs, so they're making the batch of silver doors now.

That, and I'll be getting a custom vinyl design, which is stalling it by a couple more weeks. (If I just wanted plain silver doors, I'd have it done next week.)
where did you get doors from?
    Go To Post #1
They were Arcimoto-official hard half-doors:

https://fuvowners.com/showthread.php?tid=1369