Battery discharge and long term storage
    Go To Post #1
Hi there, new to forum and didn't see anything about this. I seem to notice a slow but steady discharge when the FUV is just parked (no temperature change). I would hazard a guess its about 1% per day or two. With the exception of Teslas which have a high self discharge rate and can not be left without being plugged in most other EVs show very little discharge when off and I usually leave my EVs around 40-50% if storing for 4-8 weeks.

But it seems with the Arcimoto that won't be a great idea. I know manual says just leave it plugged it and let it manage itself, so that is what I will do over winter. But ideally it would have been great to leave around 50% for "ideal" conditions.

Anyone else notice this and what do you tend to do?
    Go To Post #1
Yes, it's a ridiculously high discharge rate. You could charge the traction battery up to 90%, then disconnect the 12V battery to prevent vampire drain.

This is documented as "Storage Mode" in the owner's guide page 161: https://cdn.arcimoto.com/wp/202204051330...l_REV0.pdf
[+] 1 user Likes CharonPDX's post
    Go To Post #1
Thank you, good tip. Any idea what discharge rate is with 12v disconnected? It would’ve nice to have a storage target SOC (like 40%) so the FUV could be left plugged in for longer storage without keeping battery at 90%.
    Go To Post #1
No clue what 12V-disconnect discharge rate is. If I was going to do it, I'd charge/discharge to 70% and disconnect 12V at that. It should be slow, but I wouldn't want to tempt fate - I did have my HV battery discharge to 0% once (sat parked not-plugged-in for a month at beginning of COVID lockdown,) and it required a trip to the factory to reset and become drivable. (Didn't know about "storage mode" yet at that time.)
    Go To Post #1
(11-23-2022, 01:03 PM)Epirali Wrote: Thank you, good tip. Any idea what discharge rate is with 12v disconnected? It would’ve nice to have a storage target SOC (like 40%) so the FUV could be left plugged in for longer storage without keeping battery at 90%.

I've left mine with the 12v fully disconnected for over six months a couple of times now.  That battery voltage after sitting that length of time was still well over 12V.   Everything came back on line just fine when reconnected -- and that what counts.
    Go To Post #1
Thank you all, I was more concerned about the primary battery discharge, as I have noticed the traction battery seemed to drain 1% every 2 days or so, at least with the 12v installed. I could have left it plugged in with L2, but didn't want it sitting at 90%.

So I will report back in a few weeks, with 12v shut off switch as per manual and main battery starting at 50%, see where it is when I am back.