FUV won't charge and totally dead
    Go To Post #1
Hello and I hope everyone on this forum is going great!
I'm pretty sure Arcimoto is out of biz based on what I saw today which is a huge disappointment, so thank you to those that created this forum.

I've been charging my FUV on and off throughout the winter, even took it for a drive in February as well, however it's dead as a doornail now and won't charge. It recommends the 12v trickle charge to get a base in the battery and before I buy that charger is this the right course of action when this happens? 4/17 - I ordered the charger but still looking for feedback.

Thank you in advance to anyone that can help!
Steve
    Go To Post #1
I’m crossing my fingers that they will be operational in a week or two.

If your screen is not coming on when you plug in the EVSE, then likely the 12V is too low. Then a 12V trickle charger may bring it back high enough to get things working again. Be sure to put it into storage mode if your trickle charger is less than 5A to isolate the 12V. Instructions are in the manual that can be found mirrored https://www.arcimotohub.com/2024/03/docu...l?m=0#more starting at page 149.

If it still doesn’t charge with a full 12V, then a hard reset can sometimes work. To perform a hard reset, you need to remove the three leftmost large, orange, 40A fuses behind the left panel, wait a minute, and reinstall them.

If it still doesn’t charge, then it could be a charger board issue which plagued 2021 and older models. That needs a new charger board that can only be sourced from Arcimoto.
[+] 1 user Likes Odi's post
    Go To Post #1
Thanks Odi and i’ll let you know how things work out. And great news if Arcimoto gets up and running again
Steve

Odi,
How long does a trickle charge usually take?
I’ve only had this unit since late last June so hopefully the battery will come back to life
    Go To Post #1
Good morning
Unfortunately the 12v charge didn’t work but I was able to test the battery with a multimeter and it showed 4.35v. Is that enough charge in the battery and should I be looking elsewhere for the issue?
Also, I can’t find the 4 orange fuses inside the left panel and have tried several times to attach a pic to this reply but it keeps giving me an error message when I try to post it. Can I text it to you and maybe you can point them out?
Thanks
Steve
    Go To Post #1
4.3 Volts is still way too low, it sounds like your 12V battery needs to be replaced. It’s a standard “motorcycle” type battery and could be replaced by any battery shop
[+] 1 user Likes CharonPDX's post
    Go To Post #1
Thanks and it’s up to 6+. For some reason after a while an error light starts blinking but then I can start the process over. 
The trickle charger I bought must be super slow. Is it ok to use a regular 12v charger to speed things up?
Thanks
Steve