Map Comments
    Go To Post #1
We now have a way to plot the locations of reservation holders on our own SRKowners map!
Please pin your location (town and state/province only) and help us fill our map.
Include your country name only if other than US or Canada.

Here's the link to the form and map: SRKOwners.com/usermap.php
Pinning your location to the map using  the API form is a three-click process.

Put your Town and State/Province (and Country if other than US and Canada) in the "Your pin location" field.
Click on the "Lookup" button. Then Click on the "OK" button. That Should do it. Please let me know if there are any issues.

Wow! I feel like a kid on Christmas morning again!

Important Update: I've given us even more tracking capabilities by enabling members to choose their reservation status...
And indicate it via different colored pins. We'll be able to track "Reservation Holder", "No Reservation Yet" and "SRK Received".
Unfortunately, I lost all three pins that members had already placed during the upgrade. Sorry for the inconvenience.
If you were one of those who's pins were deleted, please hit the "delete" button (to take you off of the counter) and pin again.

Thanks. I'm looking forward to this being quite a valuable and entertaining tool in the Arcimoto Journey.

--Dale
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
    Go To Post #1
Something still isn't right. Yesterday I put a pin on it, which appeared. Today it was gone. I deleted my pin and put another one on. Mine appeared and the others disappeared. Then I left the map, and when I came back the other pins were there and mine wasn't.
    Go To Post #1
(07-06-2017, 02:36 PM)DanCooper Wrote: Something still isn't right.  Yesterday I put a pin on it, which appeared.  Today it was gone.  I deleted my pin and put another one on.  Mine appeared and the others disappeared.  Then I left the map, and when I came back the other pins were there and mine wasn't.

Hi Dan.
My major foo-paw yesterday was probably renaming the (my own) pin image pngs.
Little did I realize that they were probably in quite a number of hidden places in the php and javascript.
Consequently, I was probably still working on the glitches when you re-pinned yesterday.
I didn't get it to where I had any confidence in it till the wee am hours this morning.
When I had done all the damage/repair I could think of, it had wiped all the pins.
Rick was able to re-pin just about the time I finished up and stumbled off to bed.

So, I'm hoping that we're good to go. Since everyone was wiped, Everyone (except Rick and I)...
Is going to have to hit the "delete pin" button and re-pin again. A few are still on the counter, so they're still ghosts in the system.

***One point that seemed to help on the other site is when you put your info in and click on "lookup"...
Wait until you see your pin on the zoomed-in map that comes up before clicking on "OK".
It may take a little while for the pin to appear.***

The Solo map was so affected that I had to completely un-install the plugin and then re-install and configure it.
Needless to say it completely reset (including the counter) and wiped all the pins there.
I was more careful with the pin names and the good news is that it seems to be working.

Worst case scenario is that I can do that to this one if it's necessary.
I did a user search for you on the map just now and it's telling me that "This user has not saved a pin".
So it looks like you either got wiped out last night (actually very early morning)...
Or, it might have been the program's lag time between your clicking "lookup" and clicking "OK" on your last attempt.

I'm really sorry about the inconvenience, but I have no doubt we'll be able to make this work.
Give it another shot if you'd like, and let me know what it does.

I'll probably create a few bogus members on my other machines and emails to test it more over next couple of days.
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
    Go To Post #1
Well, I went through the process again, and the map zoomed in and showed my pin, and it said "Your Pin is Saved", but when I zoomed out the pin disappeared.
    Go To Post #1
(07-06-2017, 05:22 PM)DanCooper Wrote: Well, I went through the process again, and the map zoomed in and showed my pin, and it said "Your Pin is Saved", but when I zoomed out the pin disappeared.

Yep. I'm seeing the same thing.
You're there on the zoomed map when I do a specific search for you.
But you're still not showing on the main map with Rick and I.

Thanks Dan.

I'm going to have to do the same thing that I did on the Solo site.
I'll be spending an hour or so uninstalling and re-installing and re-configuring the plug-in.
What may be some good news is that another member pinned over there and it worked without a hitch.

I'm going to have to put an "under construction" post up while I work on it.
But I think I'm going to whip up some lunch first.

No guarantees, but it should be up by tonight.
    Go To Post #1
That's what he said. Smile

Go To Post #1
OK everyone, thanks for your patience.
I've uploaded and configured a clean install of the map plugin.
It's working well on the other site, so hopefully there won't be any issues.

Please give me a shout out about how it went for you, good or bad.

Thanks to Dan and Norm and everyone for your help.

Go to the map: http://SRKOwners.com/usermap.php
    Go To Post #1
Thanks Dale! Happy to be on the SRK future owner's Map and in very good company.

Go To Post #1
The map is working well now.

Replies to the map thread are now disabled.
The map link in the "Last Post" will always be visible.
You can share your map comments here.

We now have a way to plot the locations of reservation holders on our own SRKowners map!
Please pin your location (town and state/province only) and help us fill the map.
Include your country name only if other than US or Canada.

Here's the link to the form and map: SRKOwners.com/usermap.php

Put your location in the "Your pin location" field.
Select your reservation status. Click on the "Lookup" button.
Wait until you see your pin in the zoomed map. Then Click on the "OK" button.

You should then see a message that says, "Your pin is saved".
    Go To Post #1
I know there are privacy issues, but, perhaps arcimoto could be solicited for a database containing reservation numbers (for the username) plus city, state and country... perhaps a small dot or white pin for those that are not forum members... yet.

Beverly Howard