FUV om Engadget
    Go To Post #1
The Arcimoto FUV appeared on Engadget this morning.  There is nothing new there but there are more pictures.

https://www.engadget.com/2018/01/13/arcimoto-hands-on/
    Go To Post #1
A few errors there - particularly "the right had lever is front brakes and pedal is rear"    sorry  lever is motor braking/regen and foot is hydraulic brakes front and rear
there are others- kind of minor
    Go To Post #1
"No one should be using the Arcimoto for road trips of any consequence."

I really didn't like his tone. He's riding it around a parking lot and making assumptions about usage in the world at large. IMHO, it doesn't sound like he's ever been on a motorcycle, nevermind a serious motorcycle road trip, just a three wheeler as a kid.

The article paints the Arcimoto in a very narrow light, for an imagined narrow clientele, "the truly adventurous" neighborhood road warrior. Its so much more than what he writes. I can't wait to prove him so very wrong.
    Go To Post #1
The reviewer is a little snarky, but it comes from the "I don't quite get it change scares me it's weird but maybe it's cool" vibe.  Of course, we all know it's pretty damn awesome.
    Go To Post #1
They got hold of the wrong end of the stick!

In a congested urban environment, local authorities throughout Europe envisage a total prohibition for large, diesel SUV-type vehicles within city centres.

So:-

.... should read:-

"No one will be able to use any type of vehicle other than a small EV for road trips within the city limits without breaking the law.!"
    Go To Post #1
Either range option will provide for a long enough round trip for my FUV everyday electric. It’s a designated daily commuter EV for most. A few FUV owner/adventurers will drive it on cross country road trips of some FUN consequence.

Go To Post #1
Some european cities are looking for a total ice ban by 2025! This is the future. Fortunately, we have some leeway as to what the future looks like. I know what mine looks like, and I hope people like the reporter are open to creative solutions. Not everyone will like the Arcimoto. Not everyone has to. I believe more than enough people will for the FUV to be a raging success.
    Go To Post #1

Define consequence.

I plan to get the larger extended range battery with mine. Joplin, Mo. is the major shopping hub for my part of the country and is 35 miles away - easy round trip with a good safety margin. My favorite lake for camping is Stockton Lake. Stockton, Mo. is 70 miles away and has several campgrounds with electrical hookups. That should be doable towing my motorcycle trailer full of camping gear. (Arcimoto assures me a trailer hitch will be available.) It will be necessary to determine how much additional drain the trailer places on the battery before I state that as a fact.

I think it would be interesting to plan a long trip with the Arcimoto with stops & overnight stays based on the charging requirements. I would think travel to the East & South from my home would be easier than travel toward the west coast. It would require careful planning and patience as one could probably only go 250 miles a day, requiring a several hour charging stop for every couple of hours of driving.
    Go To Post #1
I’m up for a FUV Club Member’s Rally coast to coast road trip adding to the pack of FUVs along the way.  That would be a Road Trip of memorable consequence.

Go To Post #1

Our first trip in our FUV will be from Eugene, OR to Olympia WA. about 220 miles. I refuse to have mine delivered on a fossil fueled powered truck.