Saddlebags?
    Go To Post #1
Anyone else had this idea?  I think my SRK will be fitted with a large pair of Givi saddlebags very soon after I take delivery.  Of course, it will take some fiddling to modify a mounting bracket, or even make a new one, but it would definitely be a worthwhile effort!  Even with the optional cargo box, the SRK is going to have limited cargo (say groceries) carrying abilities.  Since 99% of my grocery shopping is done within five miles of my house, and most of that within two miles, the SRK should be my vehicle of choice.  I'm also going to check into getting that top tinted.  The sun beats down pretty hard here in SE Kansas.  If it's too curved to apply tint film, I might just have to get radical and paint it! Rolleyes
    Go To Post #1
Jimball, Arcimoto is big on storage and may offer a well designed storage option.......no fiddling around or modification. Also, if the SRK is as big as I think it will be there may be all kinds of after market mods and accessories available at the SRK Stores. Also, there was mention of a towing package that will allow for a small trailer option.........range could be greatly reduced.

Go To Post #1
Had a couple of similar ideas myself. I'm thinking of making some kind of frame that fits over the back seat to carry supplies I need for work (although they have said the back seat might fold down somehow?)

I've also considered 3D printing extra cupholders that clip to the frame.
    Go To Post #1
I did ask Arcimoto about a trailer hitch option, and was assured it would/should have one, but a trailer is not always practical for in-town use.  I already own a small motorcycle trailer.  I've seen the renderings of the cargo box that fits on the frame over the rear wheel behind the rear seat.  It looks like they are going to have one for the ETC when it rolls out.  IMO, the saddlebags will still be a worthwhile addition.  I agree that aftermarket add-ons may start appearing, but it will take a while for them to develop and reach the marketplace.

FYI:  Anything that replaces the rear passenger seat is a no-go.  We are a two-up family and always ride together. Wink
    Go To Post #1
The Arcimoto soft sided travel case strapped on in this photo fits perfectly and looks very functional for short/long hauls.

.........or this hard shell version:

Attached Files
.jpeg   image.jpeg (Size: 53.15 KB / Downloads: 32)

Go To Post #1
Undecided Undecided Undecided
I suspect that that´s all we´re going to get on the SRK
    Go To Post #1
They will show us both the hard and soft enclosure panel options very soon. I am confident that Arcimoto is not blowing smoke like some others have in the past.

Have you received your long over due complimentary Arcimoto T shirt?

Go To Post #1
(09-19-2016, 08:02 PM)Rickb Wrote: They will show us both the hard and soft enclosure panel options very soon.  I am confident that Arcimoto is not blowing smoke like some others have in the past.  

Have you received your long over due complimentary Arcimoto T shirt?

Nope ... not from EM, nor from Arcimoto. But ... I don´t wear T-shirts anyway. And free gifts put me somewhat off (typical for grumpy old men)
    Go To Post #1
(09-19-2016, 04:31 PM)Rickb Wrote: The Arcimoto soft sided travel case strapped on in this photo fits perfectly and looks very functional for short/long hauls.

.........or this hard shell version:

I'm partial to the hard shell version.  IMO, it finishes off the back end of the SRK, as well as providing a more secure place to lock up things.  It is probably more aerodynamic as well.