FUV State requirements
    Go To Post #1
When I was a kid a friend of mine took the handlebars off his bicycle and put a steering wheel on instead. Worked just fine
    Go To Post #1
The trick is to keep a printed copy of the pertaining law with you while riding so you can educate the officer that pulls you over. Many years ago while riding a moped in Harvester MO. I was stopped by a police officer for not having a license on it. I explained to the officer that I had called the state highway patrol when I moved there to find out what rules if any pertained to my moped (49cc Yamahopper). I was told there weren't any requirements for anything under 50ccs. The officer made a radio call, then came back to me and apologized. "Keep riding safely" were his departing words.

4D
[+] 2 users Like 4dthinker's post
    Go To Post #1
Heck, You’ll have instant access to your States Motorcycle Code on your FUV’s handlebar mounted i-Phone, as will the Officer. If a patrol officer pulls you over, it’s most likely to ask “where can I get one of those!”

I doubt there will be many random stops checking for Driver’s License MC endorsements, but not an issue in my State of Idaho, since the FUV requires a MC endorsement. I’ll have the opportunity to give the officer an Arcimoto Business Card. I’m hoping for an Arcimoto referral commission program, similar to EMV’s SOLO referral credit.

Go To Post #1
Rickb
Heck, You’ll have instant access to your States Motorcycle Code on your FUV’s handlebar mounted i-Phone, as will the Officer. If a patrol officer pulls you over, it’s most likely to ask “where can I get one of those!”

I doubt there will be many random stops checking for Driver’s License MC endorsements, but not an issue in my State of Idaho, since the FUV requires a MC endorsement. I’ll have the opportunity to give the officer an Arcimoto Business Card. I’m hoping for an Arcimoto referral commission program, similar to EMV’s SOLO referral credit.
_——_—————————————————————————————-
Did you see the software video. It’s old and may no longer be valid but they claimed you can sign people up for test rides and make $200 if you sell one.
[+] 1 user Likes harriska2's post
    Go To Post #1
I wasn’t aware of the referral program. Hope that referral is official when the Evergreens deliver. I anticipate alot of interest during my daily drives around town, based on all the excitement, thumbs up, shout outs, and questions from numerous people during our test drive in Eugene last Fall.

I’m a bit hesitant to offer test rides based on liability issues, but answering questions and handing out business cards could be fun and provide some cash for FUV options.

Go To Post #1
(04-30-2019, 12:03 AM)Rickb Wrote: I wasn’t aware of the referral program. Hope that referral is official when the Evergreens deliver. I anticipate alot of interest during my daily drives around town, based on all the excitement, thumbs up, shout outs, and questions from numerous people during our test drive in Eugene last Fall.

I’m a bit hesitant to offer test rides based on liability issues, but answering questions and handing out business cards could be fun and provide some cash for FUV options.

A lady down the road has extra/special insurance on her truck that she lends out. Might require that to give test drives. The software that is supposed to be available with the Evergreen has a place to take info on the driver including getting their insurance information. Not sure what good it is to get their insurance info on another car but it shows they qualify for car insurance?
[+] 1 user Likes harriska2's post
    Go To Post #1
Also, they would currently need a motorcycle endorsement in my neck of the woods.

Go To Post #1
(05-01-2019, 05:11 AM)Rickb Wrote: Also, they would currently need a motorcycle endorsement in my neck of the woods.
Well that’s unfortunate. But then I’m still wrangling with my state over whether the Arcimoto is considered “enclosed”. Argh.
    Go To Post #1
Harriska2, aren’t there already FUVs registered and licensed in Oregon?

I contacted the Oregon Transportation Department a year ago asking the question regarding enclosed. The person I talked with said the FUV was ‘covered’ by the term.......either open and/or with the various enclosure options. He did agree that enclosed is rather vague.

Go To Post #1
Here is today’s response from DMV:

Dear Name,

I communicated with Team Oregon and it looks like your initial inquiry was regarding the endorsement requirements for autocycles. HB 3125 (2017 Legislation) defined an autocycle to mean a motorcycle that: (1) is manufactured to travel on three wheels; (2) has a steering wheel for steering control; (3) has non-straddle seating; and (4) is equipped with a manufacturer installed three-point safety belt or safety harness. This bill also added a new sub-section (operating an autocycle) to exemptions already established in law (ORS 807.020) from the motorcycle endorsement requirement.

If the Arcimoto meets all four of the definition requirements for an autocycle, it is exempt as an autocycle from the motorcycle endorsement as set forth in ORS 807.020 (13)©.

However, your inquiry is in regards to an exception to the motorcycle endorsement requirement when the operator of a motorcycle is within an enclosed cab.

ORS 807.020 (13) does authorize exceptions for the motorcycle endorsement requirement when an operator of a motorcycle is: (a) within an enclosed cab; (b) Operating a vehicle designed to travel with three-wheels in contact with the ground at speeds of less than 15 miles per hour; or © operating an autocycle.

Since the Arcimoto has roll bars and a cover, it may be considered enclosed and could be exempt from the motorcycle endorsement as set forth in ORS 807.020. You may want to contact your local law enforcement agency as the determination of whether a motorcycle is enclosed or not is up to law enforcement.

ORS 814.290 also establishes exemptions from motorcycle helmet requirements. Again, the determination of whether a motorcycle is enclosed or not is up to law enforcement.

The terminology provided on enclosed cabs in ORS 807.020 is ambiguous and is subject to interpretation by law enforcement. I will share this email with Team Oregon to see if they are interested in including information on endorsement and helmet exemptions on their website. DMV’s motorcycle page does not cover endorsement or helmet exemptions either and we will consider including information on endorsement and helmet exceptions at our next web revision.

Sincerely,

Name
DMV Driver Programs
503-945-5000