Where are we?
    Go To Post #1
May as well get started here.  I am in Casper, Wyoming.  Actually a few miles out of town and 1000 ft. above Casper's 1 mile high.  We get a lot of sunshine but when it is bad it is really bad.  Blizzards can appear suddenly and not only in Winter.

I ride a motorcycle as much as possible, whenever it is above freezing, the roads aren't slick, and it isn't raining hard.  Riding when it is cold helps me grow my fur, so I don't mind cold nearly as much as some people.  Today it is blowing about 35 mph and I drove the motorcycle to work, but I am used to these conditions.

I am living in a passive solar home which uses no fossil fuel for heating, cooling, or electricity.  I like to show it off to show that we don't have to go back to the stone age to get off fossil fuels.  I want to extend this to transportation.  I figure an Arcimoto SRK would be good for 80% or more of my driving.  Most Casper driving can be done at 40 mph or less, but quite a few cross-town trips involve 60 mph.  Also I drive up the mountain a lot for sports.  It is only 15 miles or so, but is 3500 feet above Casper.  I figure the SRK should be able to do that.
[+] 2 users Like DanCooper's post
    Go To Post #1
I like your story and philosophy regarding transportation and fossil fuels.  I'm pro fossil and renewables........we need them both for now.   It is the primary motivation and marketing behind Arcimoto's development of the SRK everyday electric.  It's not meant to replace the family car, but rather supplement the family car.  Same philosophy behind the Solo.  

I currently live in the realitively mild four season climate of Idaho, had fur when I was younger living in South Dakota that has thinned dramatically.  I need enclosure, protection from the elements, and HVAC (climate control).  The beauty of the SRK is that we can have it both ways.  I like the idea of driving the SRK open air much of the year and enclosing it when needed for added driving comfort.  For the longer road trips or when the roads are snow packed or icy, I'll drive the SUV and leave the SRK in the garage.

[+] 1 user Likes Rickb's post
    Go To Post #1
Eugene Oregon (as I have mentioned).

Specifically, I live on the edge of town and operate a small on-site computer repair business for homes and businesses in the area. I contract half my time out to a school and spend the rest of my time driving all over Lane County fixing stuff.

I already track my mileage for taxes, so I ran my numbers and I only exceed 70 miles per day about once a week, and I usually have access to a charger at lunchtime. So even the standard battery SRK is ideal for me, but I'm totally going for the extended range anyway.
    Go To Post #1
Southeastern corner of Kansas, next door to Pittsburg, Ks. and about 30 miles from Joplin, Mo.  I ride a Honda Silver Wing scooter with a trike kit installed.  I've posted a photo of it elsewhere on the forum. Big Grin
[Image: Jim_purple_sm.jpg]
    Go To Post #1
I´m a pre-order customer, living in Berlin. Northern Europe can get cold in Winter (and wet most of the year) and I´m now just a tad over 80, so I´d like something small (preferably narrower than the SRK). I´ve got two motorbikes, but haven´t owned a car for over 20 years. Traffic in town has become ever more congested and the only quick way to get from A to B is a motorbike (and the only way to park, as it´s legal to park a bike almost anywhere). The SRK is NOT ideal (too wide) but there´s no alternative right now.

[Image: P1020299.jpg]
    Go To Post #1
I live just outside of Des Moines, Iowa and ready to downsize to just one car.
    Go To Post #1
(10-16-2016, 01:10 AM)gregbinahurry Wrote: I live just outside of Des Moines, Iowa and ready to downsize to just one car.

Hi gregbinahurry, and welcome to the community.
Make yourself at home and if you need anything, let me know!
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
    Go To Post #1
I'm Dale. From Western PA. I just retired early and that's scary.
I try to exercise when I can and I ride a couple of Yamahas.
I actually was a mobile DJ for 20 years some years back.
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
    Go To Post #1
Greetings,
I'm Steve in Newport, Oregon. I live in an earth sheltered home that my husband and I designed and built (over the past 10 years and counting) I drove a diesel Beetle using Biodiesel and ran my Ford PU on used vegetable oil. I even toyed with the idea of converting an old VW PU to electric. I have alway been a fan of alternatively powered vehicles and am really excited to be (soon) driving a beautiful orange FUV.
[+] 2 users Like CreativeGuy's post
    Go To Post #1
Welcome Creativeguy. You are very creative indeed!