Custom Shop
    Go To Post #1
My concern has always been the battery box.
Leave that black box in direct sun and see how hot it gets!
The doors may change this but I think a black box for these batteries is a mistake!
[+] 1 user Likes Mendojen's post
    Go To Post #1
Well, decided to go for custom. Looking at the top row of designs on the Custom Shop page (the "four bars along the bottom and a couple stylized trees") but customized to be in the style of the Cascadia "Doug Flag" So instead of four bars of a gradient of a single color, it will be three thicker bars in green, white, and blue. Instead of the stylized pair of trees, it will be a Douglas Fir.

Sent my request, and they'll get back to me with a design mockup.

(Cascadia: The name for the bioregion of the Pacific Northwest. Also used by a satiric (and sometimes semi-serious) "movement" to have Oregon, Washington, and British Columbia secede and form their own country. The "official flag" is the Doug Flag: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doug_flag )

Reminds me of a very funny story, and a TRUE story at that. If you're Canadian you probably already heard this (I'm not, but worked with a few Canadians at the time and they thought this was hilariously funny ). This was back in the late 1990s, when the territory of Nunavut separated from the Northwest Territories.There was discussion as to whether the Northwest Territories should keep the same name or pick a new name once Nunavut split off. They ended up asking for people's opinions and even having a poll. This was back when the Internet had already started and maybe even become main stream, and some joker proposed a name that he pushed via an internet campaign, it then got picked up by the mainstream press. OK, get Ready for it : he proposed the territory should be named "Bob". You may not think that very funny, however ... "Bob" ended up being the #2 choice from the poll !!
[+] 1 user Likes SparkE's post
    Go To Post #1
Not Canadian, but I did hear about that. I play role playing tames (think Dungeons & Dragons) and for a while in the late '90s named all my characters Bob. I laughed very loudly when Bob performed so well.

Then a bunch of my gaming friends and I went to go see the movie Titan A.E. At the end, the characters discover a planet. They wonder aloud what to call it, and one character suggests "Bob." I laughed out loud, and all my friends looked at me like I had somehow been involved in the making of the movie.

On the "humorous names for political subdivisions after a split" - there was a movement in California back in the '80s to split it in to two states. There was a debate between pro-split (Northern) and anti-split (Southern) people. The discussion turned to what the states would be called.

S: What would you call your new state? We wouldn't go for Southern California and Northern California.

N: We were thinking we would call ourselves "Greater California".

S: "Why don't you just tell it like it is and call yourselves "Baja Oregon"?
[+] 1 user Likes CharonPDX's post
    Go To Post #1
Just got a mockup of my Custom Shop design.

Still working out the details with Arcimoto, so it's not firm yet, but here's a snippet of one possible design. (This probably WON'T be the final, and just a snippet so as not to reveal the whole design early.)

[Image: Ar-Cas-Moto.png]

Edit: And then Jonathan goes and posts it to the Facebook group. Sheesh. So much for keeping it quiet! :-P
[+] 1 user Likes CharonPDX's post
    Go To Post #1
CharonPDX, The custom design looks awesome. Spot on Cascadia Flag design that looks like it’s waving in the wind! Not quite sure how they accomplish that with Black or Silver base colors, unless the white is also vinyl wrap. Jon mentioned future white base, but unlikely in time for Evergreen Editions?

Go To Post #1
(07-08-2019, 09:14 PM)CharonPDX Wrote: Just got a mockup of my Custom Shop design.

Still working out the details with Arcimoto, so it's not firm yet, but here's a snippet of one possible design. (This probably WON'T be the final, and just a snippet so as not to reveal the whole design early.)

[Image: Ar-Cas-Moto.png]

Edit: And then Jonathan goes and posts it to the Facebook group. Sheesh. So much for keeping it quiet! :-P
Did they indicate if it would delay your delivery to have a custom wrap? Wink
    Go To Post #1
Wait a minute, All the Evergreen deliveries are delayed. Sad

Go To Post #1
(07-09-2019, 04:23 PM)Rickb Wrote: Wait a minute, All the Evergreen deliveries are delayed. Sad
Yep. It was a joke. Albeit not a funny one ...
    Go To Post #1
(07-09-2019, 04:23 PM)Rickb Wrote: Wait a minute, All the Evergreen deliveries are delayed.  Sad

Rick, how much 'delay'?
    Go To Post #1
At my last visit to AMP, I got to see the silver body panels up close. The silver looks pretty amazing.