Testing update
    Go To Post #1
In reading between the pictures (and lines), it sounds like the sled passed and the 6th set of blinkers are getting tested, possibly on Friday.
[+] 4 users Like harriska2's post
    Go To Post #1
(08-29-2019, 02:08 AM)harriska2 Wrote: In reading between the pictures (and lines), it sounds like the sled passed and the 6th set of blinkers are getting tested, possibly on Friday.

that's the way I figured it too.
    Go To Post #1
I stopped speculating (frustrating) and am waiting on the official retail start word from Mark F.. I hope you’re both right regarding the tests and the paperwork doesn’t take to long. When I placed my Evergreen order, I was told that certification testing was in progress and it’s the Arcimoto engineers that release the official FMVSS tags/VIN.

Go To Post #1
(08-29-2019, 11:56 PM)Rickb Wrote: I stopped speculating (frustrating) and am waiting on the official retail start word from Mark F.. I hope you’re both right regarding the tests and the paperwork doesn’t take to long. When I placed my Evergreen order, I was told that certification testing was in progress and it’s the Arcimoto engineers that release the official FMVSS tags/VIN.

For some reason that’s what I thought, too. I thought they were self testing (like Boeing). I think they were self testing to ensure certain tests would pass. Other tests there was no way they could do pre-tests (like lights).
    Go To Post #1
Sorry, I didn’t mean to imply Arcimoto was self-testing, but rather I was told multiple vehicles were sent to several private testing labs and when all tests were successfully completed and the FUV was officially certified, Arcimoto engineers could release the certification tags.......not have to wait on paperwork. They also mentioned ‘some’ in house pre-testing was done prior to sending vehicles off to those testing labs.

Go To Post #1
Jim, on Wednesday Mark posted on the FB page a cryptic post of just a smile emoji.

People asked what’s the good news?? And he then posted a picture of kids on a sled in snow.
Everyone has deduced that means the sled passed and he has not corrected anyone.
He then also said blinker test was Friday. There has been no post on how the blinkers test went.
In fact the only way we know it was going to be on Friday is he posted a link to a horrid music video for a song called Friday.
It was all pretty funny, he was engaging with us all without having a real discussion Smile
    Go To Post #1
On a serious note. I like to think I have a sense of humor, however, when it comes to the Evergreen delays and certification testing results I would like straight forward real communication. I’ve been having flashbacks of Corbin Motors retail production Sparrow roll out some years back. Reservation numbers were good, fully certified, unable to ramp/scale production fast enough to fill them, about a 100 Sparrows rolled out Corbin’s manufacturing facility, the economy tanked, Corbin filed for bankruptcy, and sold the patent rights to Myer Motors. In 2016 Jerry Kroll purchases the Sparrow patents, a few Sparrows, and Sparrow parts from defunct Myer Motors and the Sparrow evolved into the SOLO over the past 3 years as they successfully ramp for production scale in China.

I deduce Arcimoto is in a cash burn mode and look at the retail production start as a far more serious time in the process.

[+] 1 user Likes Rickb's post
    Go To Post #1
(08-31-2019, 04:49 PM)Rickb Wrote: On a serious note.  I like to think I have a sense of humor, however, when it comes to the Evergreen delays and certification testing results I would like straight forward real communication.  I’ve been having flashbacks of Corbin Motors retail production Sparrow roll out some years back. Reservation numbers were good, fully certified, unable to ramp/scale production fast enough to fill them, about a 100 Sparrows rolled out Corbin’s manufacturing facility, the economy tanked, Corbin filed for bankruptcy, and sold the patent rights to Myer Motors.  In 2016 Jerry Kroll purchases the Sparrow patents, a few Sparrows, and Sparrow parts from defunct Myer Motors and the Sparrow evolved into the SOLO over the past 3 years as they successfully ramp for production scale in China.  

I deduce Arcimoto is in a cash burn mode and look at the retail production start as a far more serious time in the process.

I have followed several lightweight car startups, including Aptera, Sparrow, Elio, Slingshot, Arcimoto, and a few others. Each (except the Slingshot) has had engineering, management, and financial problems. I saw impending doom in all the little guys, but Arcimoto seems to have navigated the shoals rather well. It certainly helps to have deep financial pockets like Tesla, Bombardier (Can-Am), and Polaris (slingshot), but again, Arcimoto seems to have bitten off about as much as they can chew. I'm not about to start a flame war over my opinions on what really happened to those companies.

I'm still optimistic re Arcimoto.
    Go To Post #1
(08-31-2019, 04:49 PM)Rickb Wrote:  {...} In 2016 Jerry Kroll purchases the Sparrow patents, a few Sparrows, and Sparrow parts from defunct Myer Motors and the Sparrow evolved into the SOLO over the past 3 years as they successfully ramp for production scale in China.  

I haven't been paying close attention the last few months, but I haven't heard anything about the SOLO actually, successfully going into production. Yes, lots of "we are going to ..." announcements (over the past 3 years) - and even "we will ship 75000 before the end of the year" (2017) - but no actual shipments in quantity yet.

Has that really happened?
    Go To Post #1
The Production ready SOLO 2.0 has arrived in small numbers as the Chinese manufacturer preps to scale production numbers. In the big scheme of three wheelers, it’s a pretty cool personal commuter EV. Now if it was the SOLO Twinn (2-seater) and I could get in and out of the damn thing I may not have cancelled my reservation. Smile
[Image: EA226-FEC-43-CC-471-C-A8-B7-AF93523-C639-A.jpg]