Charge stations
    Go To Post #1
Does the arcimoto charge at Tesla stations?
    Go To Post #1
https://thedriven.io/2019/04/03/can-non-...-chargers/
    Go To Post #1
tl;dr: Not out of the box, but there are third-party adapters to allow an Arcimoto (or any other EV with a standard J-1772 plug) to use a Tesla *Destination Charger* or home charger, but not a SuperCharger.

tl part:

There are two basic types of public charge stations:

"Type 2" that supply 240V AC power, similar to a home electric stove or electric clothes dryer. The vehicle's onboard charger decides how to distribute this to the battery to charge it.

"DC Quick Charge" that supply high voltage DC power at a much higher rate directly to the battery of the vehicle.

For Type 2, in the US, there are two physical plug standards. J-1772 connection (which basically every EV other than Tesla has, including the Arcimoto,) and Tesla. The actual electrical signal is the same. It's just 240V AC power. There are adapters to convert a Tesla plug in to a J-1772 (and vice versa,) to allow you to charge a "regular EV" on a Tesla Type 2 charger. Note that the Tesla home charger is Type 2, and what Tesla calls "Destination" chargers are Type 2. The Arcimoto supports charging from a Type 2 charge unit at 15 Amps, regardless of how high Amperage the charging unit supports. (Most are 30 Amps or higher.)

For DC Quick Charge, there are three physical plug standards: Tesla "SuperCharger", CHAdeMO, and CCS. Arcimoto doesn't support DC Quick Charge at all. Note that Tesla SuperCharger uses the **same physical plug** as they do for Level 2. If you connect a J-1772 adapter to a Tesla SuperCharger, nothing will happen. The SuperCharger will refuse to supply power. (There are adapters to allow a Tesla to use a CHAdeMO DC Quick Charge station, but that's the only adapter I know of - there is no adapter to allow the use of a Tesla SuperCharger by any other EVs, and there are no CHAdeMO/CCS adapters.)

One such third-party Tesla-to-J-1772 adapter: https://www.evseadapters.com/products/te...2-adapter/ I have zero knowledge of the efficacy or reliability of that company, it's just one I've seen other people mention on other forums.
    Go To Post #1
(10-08-2019, 06:55 PM)CharonPDX Wrote: tl;dr: Not out of the box, but there are third-party adapters to allow an Arcimoto (or any other EV with a standard J-1772 plug) to use a Tesla *Destination Charger* or home charger, but not a SuperCharger.

tl part:

There are two basic types of public charge stations:

"Type 2" that supply 240V AC power, similar to a home electric stove or electric clothes dryer. The vehicle's onboard charger decides how to distribute this to the battery to charge it.

"DC Quick Charge" that supply high voltage DC power at a much higher rate directly to the battery of the vehicle.

For Type 2, in the US, there are two physical plug standards.  J-1772 connection (which basically every EV other than Tesla has, including the Arcimoto,) and Tesla. The actual electrical signal is the same. It's just 240V AC power.  There are adapters to convert a Tesla plug in to a J-1772 (and vice versa,) to allow you to charge a "regular EV" on a Tesla Type 2 charger.  Note that the Tesla home charger is Type 2, and what Tesla calls "Destination" chargers are Type 2.  The Arcimoto supports charging from a Type 2 charge unit at 15 Amps, regardless of how high Amperage the charging unit supports. (Most are 30 Amps or higher.)

For DC Quick Charge, there are three physical plug standards: Tesla "SuperCharger", CHAdeMO, and CCS.  Arcimoto doesn't support DC Quick Charge at all.  Note that Tesla SuperCharger uses the **same physical plug** as they do for Level 2.  If you connect a J-1772 adapter to a Tesla SuperCharger, nothing will happen.  The SuperCharger will refuse to supply power.  (There are adapters to allow a Tesla to use a CHAdeMO DC Quick Charge station, but that's the only adapter I know of - there is no adapter to allow the use of a Tesla SuperCharger by any other EVs, and there are no CHAdeMO/CCS adapters.)

One such third-party Tesla-to-J-1772 adapter: https://www.evseadapters.com/products/te...2-adapter/ I have zero knowledge of the efficacy or reliability of that company, it's just one I've seen other people mention on other forums.
Adapter is a mere $300.