Long interview with Mark on Cheddar.
    Go To Post #1
Arcimoto Charges Ahead with First Delivers of Electric FUVs (Cheddar)
[+] 2 users Like CharonPDX's post
    Go To Post #1
Good interview although I got a bit side tracked at 3:26 with the GoCars in the back ground of the insert video. A GoCar also appeared at 6:19.
A DuckDuckGo search gave me this site  https://www.gocartours.com/locations/san-francisco/      Interesting Prices for two hour trips.

One other thing that hit me on interview- regarding  the Deliverator .  Our postal deliverer drives a small delivery van (you probably have seen them) and when we had Red here  he made a package delivery to our home,  I asked him about using a version of the FUV as a delivery.  He pointed to the back of his vehicle and said that at X-Mas time it is totally full. This is the equivalent of 4 or 5 deliverators. An eye opening moment for me
    Go To Post #1
It seems the Postal Service use of the Deliverator would serve as a supplement to the current larger seasonal package delivery vehicles, not replacements.

Go To Post #1
(11-08-2019, 03:06 AM)PAX Wrote: Our postal deliverer drives a small delivery van (you probably have seen them) and when we had Red here  he made a package delivery to our home,  I asked him about using a version of the FUV as a delivery.  He pointed to the back of his vehicle and said that at X-Mas time it is totally full. This is the equivalent of 4 or 5 deliverators. An eye opening moment for me

I've always thought of the deliverator as a pizza delivery vehicle. Other restaurants, etc. Lots of those around.
Dan
[+] 2 users Like Dan21's post
    Go To Post #1
I agree on pizza and small package delivery.
I was just hoping that it would work USPS - stop and go works well wit an EV  compared to a fossil fooled vehicle..
    Go To Post #1
Both UPS & USPS have a 'test fleet' of EV delivery vans at the moment. Both have vehicles made by Workhorse (among others).
    Go To Post #1
Does anyone know an update in the production rate schedule? The last I heard was one per day and that won't generate much income or supply FUVs to many on the waiting lists.
Thanks, Dan
    Go To Post #1
It appears that the assembly rate is 1 sometimes 2 per day. Hopefully, the production scale ramp kicks in early 2020. Kat has a list indicating the total number actually delivered and those in the production queue. Slow, but steady progress! I could have taken delivery this week, but decided to wait until the hard half doors are available. I was concerned about color match of the base silver color and even the vinyl accent color when talking delivery of the doors weeks later. Unnecessarily concerned, but concern non-the-less.

Go To Post #1
(12-07-2019, 08:05 PM)Rickb Wrote: It appears that the assembly rate is 1 sometimes 2 per day.  Hopefully, the production scale ramp kicks in early 2020.  Kat has a list indicating the total number actually delivered and those in the production queue. Slow, but steady progress!  I could have taken delivery this week, but decided to wait until the hard half doors are available.  I was concerned about color match of the base silver color and even the vinyl accent color when talking delivery of the doors weeks later.  Unnecessarily concerned, but concern non-the-less.

Wow. You have some crazy patience. So they emailed you to finalize and pay and you begged them off?
    Go To Post #1
Little patience and a painful decision. I received the email to finalize the details to lock in next weeks assembly, but there was/is always the option to pass and take a later slot. They indicated an issue with the silver plastic supplier, with only enough silver in stock to complete my FUV, and would be a few weeks before any additional silver evergreens could be assembled........leaving the black only option until the silver plastic restocks. I’m a detail oriented, picky, SOB, and needlessly worried about the hard doors color matching if I took delivery of those at some later date. I’ve been impatiently waiting 10 years, another 4-6 weeks will be bearable. The daytime winter riding temps here in Coeur d’Alene are in the low 40’s, less than ideal for an old guy that wouldn’t be logging on to many miles anyway.

[+] 4 users Like Rickb's post