Fuv is a better transport
Thumbs Up      Go To Post #1
Arcimoto vs ev motorcycle - Arci can be driven in rain and snow. Wind less as a pest. Passenger arms are free. It's safer.

Arcimoto vs any ev vehicle - Doors are less of a burden. Less repairs. Tighter in space. Easer to walk around. Easier to repair in my opinion. Better mpge. Battery range will improve at Pace with other EVs. Has mechanical advantage. Even as Tesla's software improves it won't matter because cellphones will always be better. It's more enjoyable for outside experience.
[+] 1 user Likes Templedog1's post
    Go To Post #1
Car: Easier to park, no worries about door dings, don’t wax, not much to vacuum/keep clean, less parts (one windshield wiper, 3 brake shoes/calipers). Motorcycle: more storage, don’t have to be as careful crossing railroad tracks or grated bridges, no helmet or special license in many states.
    Go To Post #1
Car (SUV): I need one to supplement my motorcycle (FUV).
Motorcycle (FUV): I need one to supplement my car (SUV).

Go To Post #1
FUV vs. SparkEV:
* FUV less efficient (apparently) - my Spark gets 6+ miles / kWh
* FUV colder and wetter in winter
* FUV doesn't have as much cargo space
* FUV can't carry as many passengers (2 vs. 4)
* FUV requires motorcycle license
* FUV is over twice as expensive (OK, *new* FUV - the only kind you can get - vs. *used* SparkEV - the only kind you can get)
* FUV does NOT have "fast charge", to allow one to get to 80% battery charge in 15 minutes (for 150 mile trips)

* FUV *might* have the same range (can't tell - no published stats on production models)
* FUV *might* be more fun to drive (can't tell - haven't driven one ; but SparkEV has 400 lb. ft. of torque!)
* FUV is much more "eye candy" (in a good way) - it stands out, unique styling
    Go To Post #1
FUV vs. SparkEV:
* FUV less efficient (apparently) - my Spark gets 6+ miles / kWh -- idk
* FUV colder and wetter in winter -- disagree
* FUV doesn't have as much cargo space -- agree, but the back seat does fold down I think.
* FUV can't carry as many passengers (2 vs. 4) --2 happy passenger in arcimoto but too tight in spark. Imo
* FUV requires motorcycle license - that's good, and cheaper insurance
* FUV is over twice as expensive (OK, *new* FUV - the only kind you can get - vs. *used* SparkEV - the only kind you can get) soon not true.
* FUV does NOT have "fast charge", to allow one to get to 80% battery charge in 15 minutes (for 150 mile trips) -- ok

* FUV *might* have the same range (can't tell - no published stats on production models) -- true
* FUV *might* be more fun to drive (can't tell - haven't driven one ; but SparkEV has 400 lb. ft. of torque!) --ok
* FUV is much more "eye candy" (in a good way) - it stands out, unique styling

The spark seems ok but psychologically people wonder why not get a bigger EV instead. Arcimoto has a clean psychological understanding as to why a person bought it. When someone yells "shotgun" with an arcimoto people take them serious.
    Go To Post #1
(11-13-2019, 06:12 AM)Templedog1 Wrote: The spark seems ok but psychologically people wonder why not get a bigger EV instead. Arcimoto has a clean psychological understanding as to why a person bought it.  When someone yells "shotgun" with an arcimoto people take them serious.

Because the FUV is a hunting blind?
    Go To Post #1
[Image: MV5-BNz-I2-Y2-U4-ZTct-ZDdk-Yy00-NWJm-LWI...-MQ-V1.jpg]
    Go To Post #1
SparkE, When you do test drive the FUV, you will understand why the FUV’s sports car like performance and handling SPARKS an ear to ear grin.

Go To Post #1
(11-13-2019, 07:33 AM)Templedog1 Wrote: [Image: MV5-BNz-I2-Y2-U4-ZTct-ZDdk-Yy00-NWJm-LWI...-MQ-V1.jpg]

Yes, the shotgun position TO THE RIGHT OF THE DRIVER (not behind).

(11-13-2019, 05:26 PM)Rickb Wrote: SparkE,  When you do test drive the FUV, you will understand why the FUV’s sports car like performance and handling SPARKS an ear to ear grin.

I appreciate the wordplay, but I already have an EV with sportscar-like performance. (Well, not like a Tesla model S, but then neither is the FUV.)

Followup : I have already posted on why I think that both Arcimoto and Electra Meccanica missed the curve when they didn't manage to ship late 2016 / early 2017. There would have been NO other real competitors in the EV space - not just "I want a fun motorcyle-sort-of, but being able to buy a ~100 mile-range EV for < $15K. Almost every "competitor" (I mean "solds EVs") at the time had shorter range (not by much, but still) and would have been about twice as expensive (or more). The only exceptions, really, were Tesla vehicles (at > $60K) and the Chevy Bolt (starting at 37,500, or $30K after fed tax credit).

Man they could have racked up over 10k sales the first year, easily. These days I can get a brand-new Bolt for ~$25K (after discounts and CA rebate). So ... FUV for $20K, or 5 passenger 240-mile-range vehicle for $5K more? So Arcimoto is now a niche provider, those that want "funky" and "motorcycle feel".

Reminds me of the saying : " Perfect is the enemy of good enough".
    Go To Post #1
Certainly being first to market has huge advantages over a products lifetime in both profits and market share and I'm afraid you may be right on AMP being behind the curve. I've been concerned about this for some time. However it may not be too late for them to catch the wave but they have to get lots of FUVs in the hands of lots of customers across the entire country quickly for sure. This might be the most critical time for AM.