Tesla pickup
    Go To Post #1
It was revieled yesterday. Its bed is maybe 50" wide. The fuv is 80". That bummed me out.
    Go To Post #1
Arcimoto is 61" wide. It's 113" long. The Tesla Pickup has a "6 and a half foot" bed - which is 78". A "long bed" pickup is 8', or 96", so even my old Ford F-250 longbed can't fit the Arcimoto in the bed. Although I suppose it's possible that the Arcimoto might fit in the bed of the Tesla truck with the tailgate down, if it has a "support weight when down as an extension of the bed" position the way the Subaru Baja did.

And the Arcimoto at 61" wide is wider than most pickups "between the wheel wells" width. Most trucks have a "flat section" of 4 feet wide. Either as a pure box 4' wide, where the bed sides are vertical at the narrowest point of the wheel wells, or else it's wider and just has "humps" for the wheel wells. The first kind are usually called "flareside" pickups, the second "styleside" (Although both terms were invented by, and trademarked by, Ford, they are often applied to other brands, too.) It appears that the Tesla is effectively a "flare side" in that the cargo box has vertical sides with no wheel well humps. This has the benefit of having a perfectly "squared off" cargo area, but means you're losing out on potential cargo area. Another possibility is that, like the Rivian R1T, the "cargo bed" might be higher up than the "base floor", so that the cargo bed is actually above the wheel arch.
[+] 1 user Likes CharonPDX's post
    Go To Post #1
It can tow. We've ordered one. Emissions-free deliveries here we come!
[+] 1 user Likes Jacob S's post
    Go To Post #1
I can’t afford your current emissions Evergreen delivery rates. Smile

Go To Post #1
(11-25-2019, 07:30 AM)Jacob S Wrote: It can tow.  We've ordered one.  Emissions-free deliveries here we come!

And you can make sure the FUVs are fully charged on arrival!  :-P
    Go To Post #1
I find the Rivian R1T more attractive (not "prettier" - just closer to what I would look for in a pickup).
    Go To Post #1
Agree. But with the Tesla's specs being so much better, for less money, I'm really hoping Rivian sees the writing on the wall and either ups their specs or drops their price. I'd rather have a Rivian, but not for so much more money for much less capability. (Note that I spent all day Friday making fun of the Cybertruck - then went home and my wife admitted she put down a deposit on one!)
    Go To Post #1
I'm not big on the whole camping ordeal with a 50,000 dollar electric stove. I like wood camp fires. I like the longevity of stainless steel and the manufacturing leverage it brings to the bottom line. No painting and no pressing machine processes. It's hard for others to compete on price. I think it is butt ugly though and the steering wheel is horrible.

I was really hoping for it to carry an arcimoto and also be amphibious. But on the plus side, Elon said it could have solar on it's back cover giving you an added 20 miles.