Battery factory custom
    Go To Post #1
I need 200 range highway. If Arcimoto can somehow solve that it will steal market share.
[+] 2 users Like Templedog1's post
    Go To Post #1
If you need 200mi range, buy a used Bolt for $20K.
[+] 1 user Likes SparkE's post
    Go To Post #1
200 mile range highway in an FUV would require a battery bigger than that in a Leaf. Unfortunately, the FUV just isn't a highway vehicle.
[+] 1 user Likes CharonPDX's post
    Go To Post #1
(12-11-2019, 05:01 PM)Templedog1 Wrote: I need 200 range highway. If Arcimoto can somehow solve that it will steal market share.

Arcimoto is definitely for inner city commuting or commuting where charging is available. Look elsewhere such as Tesla.
    Go To Post #1
For long distance I would choose our Leaf over the Arcimoto almost every time- When we do longer distances we carry more luggage than the FUV can handle, the Leaf is more comfortable-conducive to my wife sleeping, and is easier to drive-with speed control and one handed, left or right hand driving (so I can munch pistachios while driving), is quieter (unless FUV doors are really good) and warmer when cold outside.
I say most times because I do see the option of a camping tour where we are not covering a lot of miles each day but doing easy touring. Then I would want a way to carry more stuff- light weight trailer being my first option.
    Go To Post #1
I feel that there is a lot of commuters with an hour drive to work and an hour back. (Small town to big). If they can crack that problem.
[+] 1 user Likes Templedog1's post
    Go To Post #1
In many large cities, a one hour drive is well within the capability of the FUV. On bad traffic days, my commute can be close to an hour, while covering only 12 miles.

The average commute is ~26 minutes. While yes, that means there are plenty of people with longer commutes, one-hour commutes are rare. And that average commute time includes people who take much slower public transit. My "drive the freeways when there is no traffic" time would be about 20 minutes. My "driving the side roads which have near-zero variability" time is about 30 minutes. My "ride my bicycle" time is about 45 minutes. My "take public transit" time is about an hour. My "maximum freeway drive time when traffic is bad but not so bad as to be literal gridlock" is about an hour.
    Go To Post #1
So if you drive 50mi to work, I used to, that's 100mi a day and I thought the FUV could do that. So there isn't a problem?
    Go To Post #1
Like with any EV, trying to go 'the exact range' is troublesome. Sure, if your commute is in perfectly flat "city streets" with a maximum speed limit of 35 MPH and regular stops allowing for regenerative braking, in 68 degree clear weather, you could do 50 miles each way.

Hilly interstate freeway in sub-freezing temperatures? You'll be lucky to get 40 miles *TOTAL*.
[+] 2 users Like CharonPDX's post
    Go To Post #1
Good point, Now that there are actual FUV owners out there perhaps they can start posting their experiences with travel distances and battery range.