2016 Year in Review
    Go To Post #1

Some of those Eugene shots are TECHNICALLY Portland, and that Conan scene was TECHNICALLY before 2016, but I'll give it to them.  It's a cool video.  I especially like seeing all three prototypes in motion.
    Go To Post #1
A likeable, talented, and visionary A Team showing tangible progress throughout 2016 with 2 SRK prototype builds, 1 engineering SRK build, attending numerous trade show events with thumbs up media reviews, along with the ride and drive events scheduled throughout the year.  TECHNICALLY, very cool indeed!

Go To Post #1
Arcimoto's Facebook replies seem to indicate SRK's #1-100 may be delivered in 2017 and SRK's #101> may be delivered in 2018.

Go To Post #1
Also, an interesting reply to my SRK Compliance testing question.  "US motorcycle manufacturers are self-certified" according to Arcimoto, but they plan on sending a signature series SRK to an independent certification agency to be sure they have crossed all the T's.

Go To Post #1
Well that gets me in this year, but maybe not in time for summer driving.
    Go To Post #1
(01-24-2017, 02:42 PM)Kepesk Wrote: Well that gets me in this year, but maybe not in time for summer driving.
It may have gotten me in too had I not requested my initial SRK reservation refund 4-5 years ago.  Maybe I can beg the A Team to honor it.  Smile

Keep in mind that the 100 +- in 2017 is an optimistic projection and not a guarantee. Sad

Go To Post #1
So if I am in the 1100 range, how long might it be? I hope (for me, not for Arcimoto) that a whole lot of people holding reservations will say they don't have the money now or some other thing and defer buying. But suppose they produce 100 a year. It might be 10 years. I will be 82. Not a practical option. If production stays at 100 a year, I don't see how they can be profitable. I would like to know production projections, so I can decide what to do. I might even buy a Chevy Bolt, planning to sell it when the SRK becomes available.
    Go To Post #1
(01-24-2017, 05:01 PM)DanCooper Wrote: So if I am in the 1100 range, how long might it be?  I hope (for me, not for Arcimoto) that a whole lot of people holding reservations will say they don't have the money now or some other thing and defer buying.  But suppose they produce 100 a year.  It might be 10 years.  I will be 82.  Not a practical option.  If production stays at 100 a year, I don't see how they can be profitable.  I would like to know production projections, so I can decide what to do.  I might even buy a Chevy Bolt, planning to sell it when the SRK becomes available.

Dan, The 100 reservationist SRK's was the estimated number to be delivered in 2017, ramping production dramatically in 2018.   Arcimoto stated on their Facebook page that they had a good estimate of the max number of units produced per year, but didn't want to speculate until they run a few off the production line to verify their estimates.  Didn't want to create a false hope scenario.  

My hope was once they started rolling off the line mid-summer 2017 they would be rolling out in greater numbers. With that said my hope of a 2017 SRK delivery is false.  I was surprised by the targeted 100 units only in 2017 according to the Electrec article verified by Arcimoto.

Go To Post #1
Nobody can guess what fraction of reservationists will buy as soon as they can. It is prudent to start production at a low rate. Having unsold units is the quickest way to go broke. I hope they are planning to be able to ramp up production quickly if the market develops.

I figured up carbon footprints for several vehicles, assuming electricity is produced from coal. Interesting results, not the kind of thing that manufacturers or the EPA will tell you.

e-trike: 0.06 lb CO2e/mile (26 mph, 750W from battery, 100W from rider)
SRK: 0.36 lb CO2e/mile
Prius: 0.49 lb CO2e/mile (40 mpg)
Chevy Bolt: 0.52 lb CO2e/mile
Chevy Volt: 1.00 lb CO2e/mile
Pickup: 1.40 lb CO2e/mile (14 mpg)
    Go To Post #1
Again, we can get more specific as we hit our upcoming production milestones, but the potential for production scale in 2018 exceeds the current number of reservations. (All subject to change, of course.)