At Last!!!! A genuine, professional SRK test!
    Go To Post #1
http://electric-bmw.blogspot.de/2016/02/...utely.html

I don´t know whether it´s been entered on the Forum previously. But this is what I´d been waiting for (ticks all the boxes).
    Go To Post #1
That's cool. That one is from a year and a half ago but I hadn't read it before.

A couple of notes: he mentions that he doesn't like the positions of the foot break or the parkong break. The foot break positioning has since been improved, and last I heard, they were still finalizing the parking break design so that could easily change too.

And he says that the regen brake was the best that he had ever tried, which is fun because the A Team has dramatically improved the regen brake since then.
    Go To Post #1
(10-16-2017, 10:05 AM)paravil Wrote: http://electric-bmw.blogspot.de/2016/02/...utely.html

I don´t know whether it´s been entered on the Forum previously. But this is what I´d been waiting for (ticks all the boxes).
Patrick, Ticks all your personal boxes?  Does that mean you are going to reinstate your previous SRK reservation?    Excellent article.  Thanks for posting!  

There are numerous positive press articles and videos like that over the past 1 1/2-2 years. 
https://www.arcimoto.com/press/

The improvements made on the soon to be revealed Signature Series will make the SRK even better.

Note:  I did get a recent email stating that the plan is to reveal the enclosure panels along with the Signature Series, but no guarantees because they have a lot on their plate with completing the SS SRK builds and setting up the new factory.  It's common sense understandable that they should focus on production.

Go To Post #1
Rick, even if the enclosures were to appear in the near future, I sincerely doubt whether the SRK (or even the Solo for that matter) will be available in Europe in my lifetime. Neither the SRK nor my first choice (the Tremola) look particularly well designed. Both could well do with some attention by one of the many Italian design teams. But the Swiss Tremola team have been very forthcoming and would seem to be typically Swiss in their reliability. For now, the Tremola ticks most of my boxes. Winters are getting warmer over here, so I´ll be hooning on my bikes for the next few months.

What impressed me with the SRK article was that Arcimoto had had the gumption to lend an SRK for a totally independent test. This is in complete contrast to all the press releases that have come over the years from the other small, urban vehicle projects.
    Go To Post #1
(10-17-2017, 09:22 AM)paravil Wrote: Rick, even if the enclosures were to appear in the near future, I sincerely doubt whether the SRK (or even the Solo for that matter) will be available in Europe in my lifetime. Neither the SRK nor my first choice (the Tremola) look particularly well designed. Both could well do with some attention by one of the many Italian design teams. 

Paravil, I assume when you say 'well designed' you mean that the SRK is not aesthetically pleasing. Having lived in Germany for over a decade, I'm confident that there are a lot of vehicles that were less appealing that made it onto the roadways. Fiat Multipla (Italian design!), Mitsubishi MIEV, Yugo, Trabant, all come readily to mind. 
While the SRK may not be on a design par with Tesla or Porsche, it is certainly enough of a category-buster to be judged on its own merits. Just sayin'...
    Go To Post #1
(10-17-2017, 09:22 AM)paravil Wrote: But the Swiss Tremola team have been very forthcoming and would seem to be typically Swiss in their reliability.

Typically Swiss...
Like the original bankrupt creators of this?[Image: clear.png][Image: clear.png]   

.jpg   creesamlg.jpg (Size: 54.24 KB / Downloads: 52)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cree_SAM
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
    Go To Post #1
What I like about the SRK is it's engineering and frankly, the 3 wheeler's motorcycle styling is also appealling to my very critical eye.  It will be all about the ride......performance and handling.  It is said to be whisper quiet and fast with cat-like balance.......handling more like a high performance car than motorcycle.  

Arcimoto plans to build to order and ship worldwide.  Patrick, you may as well be the first shipped to Germany in 2018.

Go To Post #1
The Elio was damned ugly, but I would have bought one. The Spyder has evolved in its look. Motorcycles in general are much more asthetically appealing in recent times. That takes time. Out of the gate, the SRK looks great! Room for improvement? Arcimito should never stop trying to improve, in every category. What Gen 9 looks like depends on the current social climate.

I would have hid my face to drive an Elio. I'll be nothing but pearly whites on the SRK! Just get me in the seat!!!
    Go To Post #1
My impression of the Elio's engineering is that it would drive like half a mid-sized car.  It looked awkward when they were pushing it around at the scheduled 'test sit' events.  Also, it looked awkward and bouncy in the couple of marketing videos with no evidence of ninja like handling and/or performance.  

SRK test driver reactions........"ear to ear grins, every single time!"

Go To Post #1
The Elio looked very capable in the snow video.