Signature Series
    Go To Post #1
A little change of subject---      Miles per KWH

Just had a little bit of an eye opener from a friend. He just purchased a Bolt.   He took it on a test run yesterday from Olympia to Snoqualmie pass.  Freeway most of the way and one lower pass before the climb to Snoqualmie which is around 3000' (started at sea level)

Results  - 200 plus mile     at 4.6 miles per KWH.   Better than my around town in RED.

I truly hope AM can get these up to 7-8 miles per KWH

Off to three wheel endorsement test
    Go To Post #1
My Spark EV had no problem getting 6 miles/kWh around town (when *I* was driving - my wife, not so much).

4.6 miles per KWH at freeway speeds is pretty damn impressive (drag goes up as the SQUARE of the speed - so driving at 70 mph uses a lot more than driving at 35 mph).
    Go To Post #1
My long-term average on my recently-bought BMW i3 is 4.4 mi/KWh. It's at a little over 12,000 miles. It was at 4.2 mi/KWh when we bought it (used) at about 10,000 miles. So we've improved it enough in ~2000 miles to increase it by 0.2 mi/KWh. And I know when my wife drives it, she does worse. (She leaves it in "Comfort" drive mode, I always put it in "ECO PRO" mode.)

I got over 6 mi/KWh for a recent ~140 mile day of "rural highway" driving. (Portland to Saint Helens, Oregon, and back - twice.) But I drove it in "ECO PRO +" mode where it completely disables the HVAC (other than just blowing air at low speed) and caps speed at 56 MPH unless you "emergency floor it."

I really hope the FUV can do better than this!
    Go To Post #1
(09-18-2018, 10:07 PM)SparkE Wrote: My Spark EV had no problem getting 6 miles/kWh around town (when *I* was driving - my wife, not so much).

4.6 miles per KWH at freeway speeds is pretty damn impressive (drag goes up as the SQUARE of the speed - so driving at 70 mph uses a lot more than driving at 35 mph).

Yeah- it is pretty impressive-   But does have a bit of not quite an even comparison . My figure is from charge KWH and his were vehicle use calculations.  As you know charge KWH readings include charger and other inefficiencies  but is what I am interested in.

As Charon PDX says"  I really hope the FUV can do better than this"    It does make me wonder where the loss is occurring.  Any thoughts?
    Go To Post #1
(09-19-2018, 03:59 AM)PAX Wrote: Yeah- it is pretty impressive-   But does have a bit of not quite an even comparison . My figure is from charge KWH and his were vehicle use calculations.  As you know charge KWH readings include charger and other inefficiencies  but is what I am interested in.

As Charon PDX says"  I really hope the FUV can do better than this"    It does make me wonder where the loss is occurring.  Any thoughts?
Telemetry equipment which is always on, most likely.  My car & motorcycle both drain the battery when parked for a while because of onboard equipment that never turns off.
    Go To Post #1
2001 an FUV Odyssey! Goldie has reached over 2,000 miles of operation. I’m still loving it. My only criticism is the turn signal not turning off after I’ve made a turn and me sometimes not noticing that it’s still blinking away. (Of course this could be a criticism of me not paying attention :-) The old carpenter blaming his hammer bit.)
[Image: 2592_EB19_A407_4_E88_B6_E5_011_F844_FB2_B2.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like CreativeGuy's post
    Go To Post #1
Haha I'm pretty sure that during my last test drive, my turn signal was on about 75% of the drive. You're not alone!
    Go To Post #1
(10-02-2018, 12:59 AM)CreativeGuy Wrote: 2001 an FUV Odyssey!  Goldie has reached over 2,000 miles of operation.  I’m still loving it.  My only criticism is the turn signal not turning off after I’ve made a turn and me sometimes not noticing that it’s still blinking away. (Of course this could be a criticism of me not paying attention :-) The old carpenter blaming his hammer bit.)

Being an "old" carpenter I could take offence but really I just blamed my nail gun. and it was often at fault.
Pss I am down to occasionally still on. Susan admits to less than a quarter of the time but getting better. Me- 10%  hah hah
R
[+] 1 user Likes PAX's post
    Go To Post #1
(10-02-2018, 12:59 AM)CreativeGuy Wrote: 2001 an FUV Odyssey!  Goldie has reached over 2,000 miles of operation.  I’m still loving it.  My only criticism is the turn signal not turning off after I’ve made a turn and me sometimes not noticing that it’s still blinking away. (Of course this could be a criticism of me not paying attention :-) The old carpenter blaming his hammer bit.)

Welcome to motorcycles.  I don't know of any that have self-cancelling turn signals.  I've certainly never owned one.
    Go To Post #1
(10-02-2018, 08:19 AM)jimball Wrote: Welcome to motorcycles.  I don't know of any that have self-cancelling turn signals.  I've certainly never owned one.

My Goldwing has cancelling turn signals but my Indian and RV do not. You will get used to turning them off. It actually may be better as sometimes the auto off ones turn off too soon.