Signature Series
    Go To Post #1
really good to hear this report!
    Go To Post #1
(07-06-2018, 07:36 PM)jimball Wrote: Are you finding the range to be in line with the advertised 70 miles?  I'm guessing that a 130 mile extended range FUV has not yet been produced.

Jim, At the moment neither Yellow or Red are hitting the 70 miles. You have to remember that these are pre-production models and as such are not as refined as the production models will be. These weigh more - at least 200 lbs and have a battery draining telemetry system in them. Right now the batteries are limited to 70% of their power.  Increase that to 80%, lose the 200 lbs and telemetry and RED would be real close to the 70 miles so I would say that the 70 is highly possible. In the You-tube interview with Mark he was still projecting the 70/120 mile ranges.
[+] 1 user Likes PAX's post
    Go To Post #1
I’ve put over 1000 miles on “Yellow” and just love it. I have had it over 50mph plenty of times and over 70 a few times. The wind noise (for the driver) is pretty high at the 70 but not too bad at 50. While I’ve not had a passenger while driving over 70, I have at 50. They commented that it’s pretty windy but they didn’t care because at that speed, they were laughing with joy. (Or was it terror?). At all speeds, the FUV is very responsive. The regen brakes work super and account for 99% of my braking needs. I usually only apply the hydraulic brake at a stoplight to keep from rolling on a hill. I did experience one incident where I used both brakes to make an “urgent” stop from a high speed. The FUV stopped so quickly it surprised me. And there was no swerving. I feel very safe and secure driving the FUV. I do pay much more attention to the traffic around me and visibility is excellent. The Ferrar Yellow (and unique design) certainly turns heads. And I feel confident that the other drivers can really see me.
[+] 6 users Like CreativeGuy's post
    Go To Post #1
(07-25-2018, 12:08 AM)CreativeGuy Wrote: I’ve put over 1000 miles on “Yellow” and just love it. I have had it over 50mph plenty of times and over 70 a few times. The wind noise (for the driver) is pretty high at the 70 but not too bad at 50. While I’ve not had a passenger while driving over 70, I have at 50. They commented that it’s pretty windy but they didn’t care because at that speed, they were laughing with joy. (Or was it terror?). At all speeds, the FUV is very responsive. The regen brakes work super and account for 99% of my braking needs. I usually only apply the hydraulic brake at a stoplight to keep from rolling on a hill. I did experience one incident where I used both brakes to make an “urgent” stop from a high speed. The FUV stopped so quickly it surprised me. And there was no swerving. I feel very safe and secure driving the FUV. I do pay much more attention to the traffic around me and visibility is excellent. The Ferrar Yellow (and unique design) certainly turns heads. And I feel confident that the other drivers can really see me.

Great to hear your experiences. Please keep posting as it gives us all an idea of what we will soon be able to experience for ourselves.
[+] 1 user Likes ricschug's post
    Go To Post #1
AM brought Yellow back to me today with the new headlight configuration, new windshield and a couple of extra tweaks. I think the amber lights in place of the original headlights make Yellow look BadAss
[Image: DDDEEF7_A_F983_4_A68_A785_567_E6_F2029_CE.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like CreativeGuy's post
    Go To Post #1
(09-06-2018, 09:59 PM)CreativeGuy Wrote: AM brought Yellow back to me today with the new headlight configuration, new windshield and a couple of extra tweaks.  I think the amber lights in place of the original headlights make Yellow look BadAss
[Image: DDDEEF7_A_F983_4_A68_A785_567_E6_F2029_CE.jpg]

Have you tried the yellow lights at night yet? what is their purpose now, are they still headlights?
    Go To Post #1
I am working late tonight so will be driving home after dark. I'll let you know how the lights are. The "old" headlights are now amber driving lights. Not really headlights now but more of a vehicle width indicator. They do look really cool.
[+] 2 users Like CreativeGuy's post
    Go To Post #1
We are getting RED back tomorrow. It has been a frustrating  month or more since AM essentially recalled the Signature series FUVs. There were a number of issues that they wanted to work on- headlights being one. Mostly certification issues and meeting motorcycle guide lines. The two major ones that i know about are  the head lights not meeting motorcycle standards regarding  separation distance and the requirement that motorcycle use "motorcycle tires" which I believe is ludicrous as those tires are rounded for leaning two wheel motorcycles. As I understand both these issues are now resolved. I am sure the head lights will be integrated into the final design and look less bug eyed.   There is still an issue with the Power steering cutting out but it should be solved with a new circuit board that is on order. All in all progress towards an awesome vehicle.
    We have really missed our baby and will be happy to get her  back. we also want doors, tail box, trailer and more range.  All of which i think we will get soon- one way or another. Off to local EV event on Saturday.
[Image: Bugeyed_lights.jpg]

[Image: head_lites_side.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes PAX's post
    Go To Post #1
Pax, thanks for the update and all the info. Let us know how it drives now that you have all your updates.
As for 'motorcycle' tires that is totally out to lunch. Ever hear of a CanAm Spider which has 3 'car' tires and its classified as a motorcycle. More power to whoever has to deal with all these requirements at AM as I'm sure many are ludicrous.

Mark F. had the best and simplest explanation for what is a car vs motorcycle that I have heard. It went something like: if you sit in it then it is a car, if you sit on it then it is a motorcycle.
    Go To Post #1
(09-07-2018, 03:37 AM)CreativeGuy Wrote: I am working late tonight so will be driving home after dark.  I'll let you know how the lights are.  The "old" headlights are now amber driving lights.  Not really headlights now but more of a vehicle width indicator.  They do look really cool.

(09-07-2018, 03:09 PM)ricschug Wrote: Pax, thanks for the update and all the info. Let us know how it drives now that you have all your updates.
As for 'motorcycle' tires that is totally out to lunch. Ever hear of a CanAm Spider which has 3 'car' tires and its classified as a motorcycle. More power to whoever has to deal with all these requirements at AM as I'm sure many are ludicrous.

Mark F. had the best and simplest explanation for what is a car vs motorcycle that I have heard. It went something like: if you sit in it then it is a car, if you sit on it then it is a motorcycle.

whatabout t-rex headlights?!

(i.e. nothing in the center for a motorcycle, but it does have seats like a car)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campagna_T-Rex

NOTE on their website they say,...

The world’s finest three-wheeled side-by-side vehicles
https://campagnamotors.com

actually have an unrelated head light question to the signature series owners,... since there is no glove box where do you keep the vehicle registration and proof of insurance papers?