Public charging stations.
    Go To Post #1
The other unknown at this point is what amps  the FUV charger will be set at and what the batteries can handle and also what is best for longevity of the batteries. I personally tend to prefer slower charging versus faster charging.
When picking up my FUV  I am hoping on being able to get more details on what is best for the batteries.
    Go To Post #1
(02-02-2018, 05:17 AM)jimball Wrote: This looks like it is what I need.  It comes with the NEMA 14-50 plug and is rated 32 amps.  $399, but I guess it is just part of the price I'll have to pay.  I am leery of anything electronic in nature sold on Ebay.

https://www.amazon.com/Jekayla-Portable-...cable&th=1

It is unknown at this point what the charging rate of the on-board charger will be (inside the SRK). It is premature to buy an EVSE at this point, and new tech comes out all the time (or prices drop). What you should be doing now (to prepare for your SRK) is to look around you (figuratively) and see what charging situations are available at places you go.

-a- : Public 240V J1772? Check! (nothing needed, *except* an account with the companies in question)

-b- your garage. What type 240V socket is available? what is the circuit rated at?
  + if you don't have 240V, you won't be charging at 240V at home without a visit from an electrician; install 14-50 socket
  + if your socket is rated at 30A, you shouldn't plug in any EVSE that draws more than 24A
  + you should get an EVSE that has a plug that matches your socket (or an 'adaptor' to make it work)

-c- : your family's/friend's garages (if more than 40 miles away) : see point -b-, above

-d- work : see point -b-, above (and once you get the SRK, ask if you can charge at work, saying that it will probably cost less than $1/day

-e- : trips/travel you will probably take at least twice a year, outside/near SRK's nominal range.  see points -a- and -c-, above

-f- : for areas with no obvious charging available, see what campgrounds are in the area - do they have 14-50 240V plugs avail?

Note: unless you will often do daily drives that stretch/test the range of the SRK, point -e-/-f- are just about the ONLY situation where you might care about the speed of your personal EVSE (maybe -c-, if you aren't staying all afternoon/evening or overnight) - or if you are silly enough to use an SRK for long-distance travel in places without public charging units. A 16A/240V (3.8 kW) EVSE will refill a completely empty SRK 12kWh pack in 3 and a half hours and 5 hours for a 20 kWh battery pack. The 120V EVSE that *I assume* will be delivered with the vehicle should recharge an empty 12 kWh pack overnight.

As shown in one of my previous posts, one can buy a 16A/240V charging cable on amazon for $199 - IF you need to be able to recharge your SRK in 3 hours.