Production
    Go To Post #1
Here's how I figure to get it serviced, considering that I am getting old and lazy. A motorcycle shop should be able to handle things like brakes and suspension. A car tire shop should be able to handle tires. For electronics failures I would order replacement modules from Arcimoto and install them myself. This would apply to motor, gearbox, and battery too, but replacing these items should be a long way out (100,000 miles at 20 miles per day = 14 years). Anyway, the SRK should require a lot less maintenance than a motorcycle or a car because of its simplicity.

I updated the spreadsheet I am keeping about SRK specifications to include an estimate of battery charging time.

Level 1 charging: 120V 15A, 12 miles/hour of charge, 6.7 hours for full charge (base model), 11.1 hours for full charge (extended range)
Level 2 charging: 240V 20A, 31 miles/hour of charge, 2.5 hours for full charge (base model), 4.2 hours for full charge (extended range)

Meaning, if you go on a trip and trailer the SRK, you can fully recharge it overnight.
    Go To Post #1
The base model SRK's range meets 90% of my daily driving needs.  I'll end up spending the additional $2500 on the hardshell enclosure option to extend the number of seasonal days I can actually drive it in enclosed climate control comfort.  I like the "convertible" option for open air drives during the perfect riding days.

Go To Post #1
So, has the `hardshell enclosure option´ seen the light of day? Or is it still a figment of an artist´s imagination?
I do like the idea of a manufacturer announcing full scale production of a vehicle without having taken the trouble of including the doors!
    Go To Post #1
I like the fact that the door option doesn't impact the start of production in any way whatsoever.

The enclosure options are the easiest parts to produce IMO. The difficulty may lie in the design and engineering of the hinge that securely fastens them to the vehicle. It's important to get that part right so attachment and removal is as easy and functional as possible. If the SRK makes it to production the panels will make it to production either jointly or shortly after.

The early adopter Signature Series SRK Owners, likely didn't care much about the enclosure options knowing they could be ordered later if or when needed.

Go To Post #1
(05-24-2017, 05:02 PM)Rickb Wrote: I like the fact that the door option doesn't impact the start of production in any way whatsoever.

The enclosure options are the easiest parts to produce IMO. The difficulty may lie in the design and engineering of the hinge that securely fastens them to the vehicle.  It's important to get that part right so attachment and removal is as easy and functional as possible. If the SRK  makes it to production the panels will make it to production either jointly or shortly after.  

The early adopter Signature Series SRK Owners, likely didn't care much about the enclosure options knowing they could be ordered later if or when needed.

Did anyone see the posting on Twitter from Don Dodge who works at Google?  He just did a test drive and indicated the SRK would be available next year.  Wonder if that is because of the pre-orders or does he know something that we don't about the production timeline?
    Go To Post #1
From Arcimoto's Facebook postings, my understanding is that the Signature Series are currently being assembled and will be delivered this Summer along with 100 additional reservationist SRKs later 2017.  The rest of us 2018.  Seems realistic.

Go To Post #1
Happy first day of Summer! Hoping to see the Summer delivery of the Signature Series SRKs very soon. Looking forward to an update newsletter too.

Go To Post #1
I have a feeling we'll see good things in the upcoming newsletter
    Go To Post #1
Yes, That's what I like about the A Team..........quarterly newsletters with news updates showing tangible progress. I'm eager to see Signature Series deliveries and hear any future plans regarding the Pilot Fleet Program.

Go To Post #1
(06-21-2017, 07:55 PM)Rickb Wrote: Yes, That's what I like about the A Team..........quarterly newsletters with news updates showing tangible progress.  I'm eager to see Signature Series deliveries and hear any future plans regarding the Pilot Fleet Program.

Did anyone else receive an email on the 7th of June talking about a new website that will have a SRK configurator that will allow you to look at your order, choose your options and then estimate a build and delivery date?  Kind of got me a little more excited.