Production
    Go To Post #1
(10-08-2016, 09:06 AM)paravil Wrote: They haven´t even shown us a prototype with DOORS!
Sure they have paravil.
Except that they're virtual prototypes with virtual doors in pictures on the website.
Since they've displayed those pictures for so long I think the actual enclosures will be very close to what's pictured.
I think a lot of careful time, thought and engineering went into those concepts before they were published.
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
    Go To Post #1
Perhaps the new detailed time line will include a confirmed delivery date. The good news is Arcimoto has test driveable prototypes. The enclosure panels are a minor issue to be resolved now that the ETC'S frame specs are locked in........ass.u.me ing the ETC/SRK specs are locked in.

Go To Post #1
A year out seems ambitious but possible. I can wait that long. In fact, I can wait longer, but I would like to know how production proceeds, for my own planning. My recommendation is transparency. It is better to miss a milestone and everyone knows about it in advance, than to have it fall as a surprise. We must all be realistic, schedules can never be better than rough estimates.

Hand-building a prototype run for major investors makes a lot of sense. A lot will be learned when they are on the road. The prototypes will attract a lot of attention, which should help bring in more investment to get production going.
    Go To Post #1
I actually give them a lot of credit for not making many promises. You really shouldn't set milestones publicly unless you're certain you can meet them, because missing them can cost a startup a lot of confidence (as is the case with another company that rhymes with "folio").

If they do set specific milestones in the timeline Mark mentioned, they'll have a lot more credibility.
    Go To Post #1
"The enclosure panels are a minor issue to be resolved "! Rick, this is just not true. Winter´s around the corner here, temperature´s dropped and it´s rainy. I can freeze and get wet on my motorbike. Don´t need anything fancy for that! I thought your moto was "Show Me"!
    Go To Post #1
(10-10-2016, 06:50 PM)paravil Wrote: "The enclosure panels are a minor issue to be resolved "! Rick, this is just not true. Winter´s around the corner here, temperature´s dropped and it´s rainy. I can freeze and get wet on my motorbike. Don´t need anything fancy for that! I thought your moto was "Show Me"!
Minor only in the design and production process.  We shouldn't have expected Arcimoto to waste time designing and fabricating enclosure panels to fit a prototype frame that wasn't production ready.  That changed with the finalized frame size and specs on the ETC.  The final enclosure panel design, fabrication, installation, and the show me (us) reveal should happen soon.  It's minor in the production process since the base model SRK is open.  I want and need the enclosure in my cold climate as well, but technically they could start manufacturing the base model and offer the panel option at some later date if it keeps production on schedule. 

We may have to wear an insulated rain suit to stay warm and dry.......or better yet they "Show Us" the panels soon! Smile

Go To Post #1
Archimoto has stated that doors are an add-on option that can be attached or removed at will by the owner. For that to work, the frame design must ABSOLUTELY be locked in and frame fabricating & welding jigs must be designed to ensure that frame #5000 is exactly identical to frame #0005. Any mounting tabs, holes, blind nuts, or whatever must always be in exactly the same place on each frame. Then there is the matter of the enclosure panels. Once again, all the same criteria apply to the molds used to form the door panels and sub-assemblies. This takes a LOT of engineering and a lot of shop time just to build all the jigs and fixtures necessary. There's an art (some say a black art) to designing jigs and fixtures that save labor and ensure repeatable product accuracy. I know. I spent 30 years designing and building industrial textile ovens for a major player in the Imprinted Sportswear industry. It's easy (relatively) to turn out a few hand-built prototypes or one-off customs, but quite another thing to produce hundreds or thousands of identical units over the lifetime of a product. Tooling up for all this has to happen AFTER the final design has been locked down. Archimoto does not have the resources of a Polaris or Can-Am, so let's show them a little patience. They are doing pretty good for a dozen (fewer?) guys in a >5000 sq ft shop.
    Go To Post #1
Closer to 20. Still, that's a heck of a talent/team size ratio.
    Go To Post #1
A hard side and door are luxuries, but not essential to me. I would rather see production go faster and worry about that later. The windshield and roof keep most of the wind and rain off. I don't mind getting wet from time to time.
    Go To Post #1
The A TEAM:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)