Production
    Go To Post #1
(10-12-2016, 06:24 PM)DanCooper Wrote: Elio and Solo are much more car-oriented than the SRK.  I don't like cars.  I consider them a necessary evil at best.  My interest is for a vehicle that would be as much fun to drive as a motorcycle, and safer, and more energy-efficient.  An enclosed cabin would be a luxury in Winter but otherwise I prefer not to have it.  The SRK is the only one I have seen that matches my needs.  I really hope they can stay on track to production.

Funny, I was originally interested in the SRK because it was more car-oriented, and I'm getting one to replace my (rapidly failing) car.  Their latest generation of prototypes is definitely more like a motorcycle but it still totally fits my needs (maybe even better) so I'm in to it.

The Solo is a no-go for me because I can't bring my son along for the ride, and even if Elio looked like it would ever go into production, I'm not interested in a gas vehicle.
    Go To Post #1
Kepesk, there is a Solo Twinn in the future model line-up, but we will have thousands of fun miles on the SRK by the time the Twinn reaches production.

Go To Post #1
I just can't see the point of a self-balancing 2-wheeler or of a tilting 3-wheeler. It just adds complication, and solves what I see as non-problems. I can recall an incident where a self-balancing motorcycle would have eaten my lunch. I was rounding a curve, when I crossed a puddle that had ice under it. I put my feet down, but the bike was sliding sideways towards the curb. I leaned the bike hard away from the curb. It hit the curb with the tires, bounced off, and came up upright in the proper lane. A self-balancing bike would not have let me do that.
    Go To Post #1
Staying tuned for progress updates.

Attached Files
.gif   IMG_5399.GIF (Size: 532 bytes / Downloads: 51)

Go To Post #1
My experience with any number of these small scale `projects´ is that a sudden, noticeable lack of consumer information is one significant sign nof their imminent demise.
    Go To Post #1
I prefer the story the A Team is too busy assembling the Signature Series and don't have time or any new information to add until the builds are complete.  I continue to stay tuned, but it's boring as hell.

I decided the Solo's seat height looks sports car low..........uncomfortably low for this old geezer.  A test drive will verify whether or not the seat is too low to the floorboard. The SRK looks to provide for a higher, comfortable, upright sitting position with easy on/off.........or when with the enclosure panels in place easy in/out.  My money is on the SRK.......literally.

I received this Arcimoto Facebook reply minutes ago.

The file wouldn't post, but they replied,  "We are experiencing tangible progress daily, and we will be kicking out good news bits as they are ready."

Go To Post #1
(11-16-2016, 10:09 AM)paravil Wrote: My experience with any number of these small scale `projects´ is that a sudden, noticeable lack of consumer information is one significant sign nof their imminent demise.

True, but Arcimoto's recent history shows that when they go quiet, it's typically in advance of big news.  The last two times they were this quiet were during the two or three months before they revealed the Gen 8 design last year, and the month before they unveiled the ETC earlier this year.
    Go To Post #1
There are some people left who still believe they´ll one day get a Lit C-1!
    Go To Post #1
That's the funniest post of the day!

Go To Post #1
(11-16-2016, 09:42 PM)paravil Wrote: There are some people left who still believe they´ll one day get a Lit C-1!
Are they perhaps elementary school age children? Big Grin
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.