Production
    Go To Post #1
We are talking about 3 different systems of trikes here.

1. Non-tilting: SRK, Solo, Elio
2. Passive tilting: Tremola and Piaggio MP3
3. Active tilting: Tilting quadricycle

Passive tilting balances like a motorcycle. It can be very narrow, and it can be stopped and parked without putting your feet down.
I expect if it skids it would behave like a motorcycle, and could fall either high side or low side. I wouldn't drive it on snow or ice.

Active tilting can be narrower than non-tilting and still be stable. It should be stable in a skid, also.
If you suddenly swerve, and get ahead of the tilt system, you can fall to the low side. This is discussed in http://tiltingvehicle.blogspot.de/.

Non-tilting, the stability depends on the wheel track and the height of the center of gravity. If the track is wide enough, taking into account the weight distribution front to back and the center of gravity height, it will slide rather than tip. A trike with two wheels in front will be more stable in a braking turn because the track is effectively wider. A trike with one wheel in front is less stable in a braking turn (http://brocouncil.com/Cars/top-gear-bbc-edition).

I ran some calculations for the SRK. It will slide on dry pavement and not tip. If anybody wants to play with my spreadsheet, let me know.

Do look at the video on http://brocouncil.com/Cars/top-gear-bbc-edition. It is the funniest thing I have seen in a long time.

The Carver One is an active tilting system.
    Go To Post #1
I keep on checking the engineering on the SRK, just to know how it works, and everything I have seen is done exactly right.
    Go To Post #1
Caveat on the Reliant Robin trike humorous video. They really messed with the trike so it would roll over easily. Weighted one side, asymmetrical wheels, messed with the differential. It doesn't roll over in everyday use. Another unfortunate side effect is that after the video was broadcast, vandals started rolling over a lot of parked Robins.
    Go To Post #1
Arcimoto answered my curious question regarding the size of the manufacturing facility they are moving into:

They are initially leasing 20,000 sf of a 70,000 sf facility with the option to expand/scale in the future. The start small and scale business model is smart, common sense, and financially responsible.

Go To Post #1
Oooo I'm dying to take a peek at it.
    Go To Post #1
I am 100% positive you will post photo's after your personal tour.

Go To Post #1
Exciting stuff! There have been whispers recently that the Signature Series vehicles are being built, but today it was confirmed. "Signature build is underway -- parts and sub assemblies arriving every day!"

That has to be just as exciting for the A Team as it is for us.
    Go To Post #1
I hope they post photos.
    Go To Post #1
I don't even know where they're being built and I wouldn't hassle them for photos if I did. I'm sure they'll eventually have a reveal or a ribbon cutting or something.
    Go To Post #1
(05-19-2017, 01:13 AM)Kepesk Wrote: Exciting stuff!  There have been whispers recently that the Signature Series vehicles are being built, but today it was confirmed.  "Signature build is underway -- parts and sub assemblies arriving every day!"

That has to be just as exciting for the A Team as it is for us.
  According to the A Team the Signature series builds started some time ago:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)