How many miles a week?
    Go To Post #1
(01-14-2019, 09:08 AM)jimball Wrote: I live in the Southeastern corner of Kansas and winters are reasonably mild.  Soft side doors like on the old Jeep CJ-5's would go a long way toward making the FUV a year-round vehicle for me.

Weather in the 40's will significantly reduce the range of the FUV - due to chemistry : differences in electrical properties of the battery materials at lower temperatures.
    Go To Post #1
I put an average of 35 miles per day on Goldie. So far I have not felt range anxiety since I have a chance to plug in a every night and I could at work too if need be. While I don’t have a problem taking the FUV out in the rain with just the Quarter Doors that are on Goldie, I am hoping for full door for when we start experience it our Oregon horizontal rain.
[+] 1 user Likes CreativeGuy's post
    Go To Post #1
(01-14-2019, 10:40 PM)SparkE Wrote: Weather in the 40's will significantly reduce the range of the FUV - due to chemistry : differences in electrical properties of the battery materials at lower temperatures.

I drive less than 100 miles a week.  95% of my driving is within 5 miles of my home.
    Go To Post #1
(01-14-2019, 11:16 PM)jimball Wrote: I drive less than 100 miles a week.  95% of my driving is within 5 miles of my home.
My driving habits in retirement are similar and the inland northwest mild end of the range 4 season climate will extend my use to include the nicest of winter days. I think the FUV will be perfect for our application.  We went from a 3 vehicle family when working to a one car family in retirement and looking forward to the affordable FUV to supplement the SUV.

Go To Post #1
Yeah, if one drives 50 miles in a day only very rarely (and has a backup for days when one drives 100) then the base-battery FUV is perfect (which is my case).
    Go To Post #1
500-600 miles per week.
    Go To Post #1
Some time ago I started recording my miles per day. My daily miles were typically around 20-25 miles. However, 10% of the time my miles per day would grow to 70. I was prepared to look for alternative transportation 1-3% of the time but not 10%. A reliable 70 mile range is my personal requirement so I have a vehicle that I can count on.