The Deliverator!
    Go To Post #1
DUV ??
    Go To Post #1
FDV ?? OR, if it can have a removeable cargo box and throw on a stake bed, it could be the HUV: Hyper-Utility Vehicle.
[+] 2 users Like AnimalCage's post
    Go To Post #1
A Deliverator flatbed base model with attachable/detachable open or enclosed cargo carrier options would be the ultimate in fun utility delivery vehicles. FUV-D

[+] 1 user Likes Rickb's post
    Go To Post #1
That deliverator box is made from industrial extrusion, (80/20 type stuff) Which gets me to thinking I could build myself a mini-deliverator box to go where the tailbox sits on a regular FUV. Uglier than a factory job, but I'm willing to bet I can do it for half the price of the FUV tailbox. At typical city/urban driving speeds, aerodynamic drag is not a factor, and probably lot much of a factor on the highway. I'd also be able to build one with more volume. Hmmmmm?
[+] 2 users Like jimball's post
    Go To Post #1
Jimball, Excellent idea that puts your fabrication skills to work! I assume it will be easily attachable/detachable.

Go To Post #1
Something on the back can have a surprisingly large impact on aerodynamic drag. A rear rack with two bikes cuts the efficiency of a Prius by 10 mpg. For a long trip I will leave it off and rent a bike when I get there.