Long interview with Mark on Cheddar.
    Go To Post #1
(12-08-2019, 12:27 AM)Rickb Wrote: Little patience and a painful decision.

I think it was the right one Rick.
Not having the paint match after all these years and an extra $8K over the original expected expenditure would suck large.
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
[+] 2 users Like DiscjockeyDale's post
    Go To Post #1
Yikes. I hope they work out the silver plastic supplier problem. A few weeks? That ain’t good.
    Go To Post #1
(12-08-2019, 12:27 AM)Rickb Wrote: I received the email to finalize the details to lock in next weeks assembly, but there was/is always the option to pass and take a later slot.  
{...}  I’ve been impatiently waiting 10 years, another 4-6 weeks will be bearable.  The daytime winter riding temps here in Coeur d’Alene are in the low 40’s, less than ideal for an old guy that wouldn’t be logging on to many miles anyway.

Sounds like you should "option to take a later slot" until about ... May!  Big Grin
    Go To Post #1
Kat, I don’t think it’s a serious issue, but more likely a ‘short’ delay in restocking the silver plastic. Late January early Feb would be perfect timing for an early Spring of FUV......and I need doors to keep all my fun utility gear contained inside the FUV. Smile

(12-08-2019, 02:46 AM)DiscjockeyDale Wrote: I think it was the right one Rick.
Not having the paint match after all these years and an extra $8K over the original expected expenditure would suck large.
Dale,  More like $5K since I would have added some options to that $11,900 base price, but still well over my anticipated budget.  Smile

Go To Post #1
(12-08-2019, 02:46 AM)DiscjockeyDale Wrote: I think it was the right one Rick.

When they first came out with pricing the predicted full doors would cost $4000 and I don’t remember what a trunk and extended battery would cost. Those 3 things are what I consider essential so the price would have been a minimum of $16,000 plus extended battery and cargo trunk. The heated seats/grips, level 2 charger, are also added cost. Seeing as Oregonians are getting them for $17,400 (a rebate is applied immediately) the price is actually fairly decent. We will also put in for low/moderate income Oregon rebate of $2500 so if that goes through it will end up costing $14,900, kind of a bargain. ¯\_()_/¯
    Go To Post #1
I recall doors to be in the $2000-2500 range, heated seats and grips were standard prior to meet the Evergreen, and a pleasant surprise bonus +30 mile mile range. Still have no idea on the anticipated half/full/soft/hard door cost.

My personal opinion is to keep the total cost fully optioned FUV under $20K to be accepted by the masses and competitive with electric car options that are rapidly becoming more diverse and affordable. Also, to maximize efficiency and lower overall production costs, the only FUV option should be extended range and doors. To many vehicle options and custom shop options slows the manufacturing and delivery process when the goal is supposed to be production scale. Most of the 4000+ reservationists would be happy with one of the 5 most popular exterior and black/brown seat colors.

[+] 1 user Likes Rickb's post
    Go To Post #1
Kat, the $2500 rebate doesn’t apply immediately does it? I’ve heard no one knows when we actually get that?
Or do I misunderstand what you meant by Oregonians getting them $17,400 with rebate applying immediately?
    Go To Post #1
(12-16-2019, 01:36 AM)DanPDX Wrote: Kat, the $2500 rebate doesn’t apply immediately does it? I’ve heard no one knows when we actually get that?
Or do I misunderstand what you meant by Oregonians getting them $17,400 with rebate applying immediately?

It was a facebook post by Sarah McCully Posner: “we were the first delivery to have the Oregon clean vehicles rebate applied directly to our purchasing contract (they got the go-ahead the day before), knocking our cost down immediately. That was [4] weeks ago.”
    Go To Post #1
Wow I don’t know why they are not shouting that to the heavens!
They know I am financing but no one is mentioned at all...
    Go To Post #1
(12-16-2019, 12:55 PM)DanPDX Wrote: Wow I don’t know why they are not shouting that to the heavens!
They know I am financing but no one is mentioned at all...

My exact response on FB. My guess is they are understaffed (shoestring budget and all).